twenty four

Remember when you were like 8, and wondering how your life would turn out? Everyone did this, me along with them. You would wonder if you were happy, who you were dating, what your career would be. But we never turn out the way we initially though, and that was proven true with me. 

Bright sunlight streams in through my window, shining on the paper I had been writing, and the cup of coffee Michael had poured for me. Never did 8 year old expect me to be where I am in life. Going to college. Dating a guy. Happy. 

Michael is in the kitchen of our tiny apartment(a studio apartment was all we could afford, but that was okay. I was okay, as long as I was with him), and I hear him humming softly to himself. He was happy too.  After moving out, his family situation seemed to get better. He stopped smoking. He sees a therapist. He has me. 

"When do you have class?" He suddenly asks, coming out of the kitchen. There's stubble on his cheeks, and his hair is messy. He's holding a cup of tea. 

"In one hour," I say, nodding to my paper. "That's why I need to get this done."

He sits on the bed behind me, nodding as I talk. "Do you want to do something after?" He smiles after asking this, as if trying to persuade me. He knew my answer.

"Yeah," I smile, my eyes crinkling. It was nice here. It was nice with him. "I would love that."

It was weird, honestly. What had started as two people living next to each other turned to this. We had started as neighbors. Maybe we weren't as different from each other than we had originally thought.

-

yoo stay tuned for a  new +better muke story u guys!this is finally over aand im so pleased with it. i hope u liked it.