eighteen

I woke up with the bright sun in my eyes, coming in through slits in the treehouse. Michael is lying on his side, his mouth open. He looks so cuddly and soft, I resist the urge to lean into him again. 

I hear noises outside, the leaves crunching under foot and the sound of voices. The voices come closer, and I'm too frozen to get up and see who it is. 

"Michael," I nudge the sleeping body. "Michael, there's someone outside."His body shifts slightly, but he's still snoring. The people are under the treehouse now. "Michael!' I push him, harder this time, and he wakes up.

"What?"

"There's someone here."

Right as he sits up, I hear a voice coming from outside, accompanied by the footsteps.

"Luke Hemmings, and Michael Clifford." The voice was rough and loud. "It's the police. Are you in there?"

Michael sits up, his eyes wide. "Shit,"He whispers. Now he's pulling his shirt over his head, his hands shaking. 

"Why would the police be here?" I ask in a hushed voice. Michael's facial expressions tell me he doesn't know either. 

"We can hear you, are you guys okay?" The same voice as ks. 

"Yes!" Michael's voice sounds shaky and high. He was nervous. 

It turned out that the police had gotten a call from my parents overnight. Seeing that their car was gone, they figured I was with Michael. They finally tracked down my parents car, finding it on the outside of the woods. 

Of course we  were in trouble. My parents were pissed, but worried about my wellbeing.  Michael's cared less.  But after finding the cigarettes and empty alcohol we were in even more trouble, being underage and all. 

In the woods, we met back up with our parents. My mother was crying, my dad looking disappointed. I hugged my mother, wishing I could find the right words to say sorry. But I couldn't. I was always shit with words. 

I looked over at Michael. His mother's eyes were icy, her fists clenched.

"Do you know how mad I was to get a call from the police a few hours ago?"

"I'm sorry-"

"Do you know how ridiculous it made me look? Or like I was a bad mom? And why were you with this boy anyways? Are you gay?"

"I just had to go somewhere for a bit. And-"

"Not to mention this hideout of yours is on private property."

Attracted by Michael's mother's yelling, my parents look over. Now my mother didn't mind punishing me, but she just looked sympathetic. "Is she always like this?" I nod. "No wonder the kid was always hiding out in a treehouse."

Michael's face was red, and he glances over his shoulder at me. I felt like this was my fault. 

"I had to leave your dad at home with the kids," She's saying now. 

"He's not my dad. He's your boyfriend."

"He wants to be your dad."

"No he doesn't." Michael says, his voice shaky like it was when he was about to cry. I knew how strongly Michael felt about this. 

I was about to go over to hug him, when his mother started dragging him away, mumbling something about having to go to work. 

"I was just helping him out. He was upset, okay?" I say as an explanation to my parents. Of course this wouldn't make anything better, but an explanation was a start. 

-

HELLO! ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I UPDATED THIS

i've had an update half written for SO long but i've just been v busy!! 

but the  next c hapter is going to have some smut in it just warning u

i'll be updating more often tho!! im so sorry u had to wait for so long lmao

also are any of my readers going to any concerts this year??iv e already gone to a few, but im also seeing the front bottoms and state champs in may, twenty one pilots in june, and maybe halsey in july!!