Chapter 19; Guardian or brother?

Music video is my current mood in school because in am over all of my tests. Luckily in done with my math. Bad news; tomorrow I start all of my history tests. 😭😭😭  These tests are the reason for my procrastination, stress, and depression. Nothing fun. At all.
           Warning!!! I have just taken a sleeping pill. Please don't judge me harshly if words are incorrect or slurred together.
        Anyway I'll stop complaining. I'm back!!! For a chapter!!! I'm really sorry about the wait. I will try to squeeze another chapter in soon.

                           Devon's P.O.V

     Making my way down the stairs my eyes were cast downward at the shaggy carpet making sure my feet didn't stumble over each other.

     "Devon! Nice of you to join us, we were just in need of some news," Beka, Shawn's mom stood welcoming me to join them in the dining room as they proceeded shuffling left as a group.

     News.

     I knew what she was talking about, but I didn't think Seth was ready. He was still in his own little human bubble of perfectness. To take that away from him seemed...animalistic. Almost as if taking ice cream or a balloon from a small child. I wasn't ready to see him see everything he's known crumble around him. I protected him all his life from this exact moment.

     Was he ready?

     Suddenly a hand grasped my bicep. A cold, familiar hand. "Stop worrying. He'll be fine, he can take care of himself now, he has two mates," Ronnie's voice followed filled with all the calmness I need to have. Like he sucked a little extra from me giving me his nerves and anxiety.

     Bitch.

     Nodding I made my way into the dining room. It was awkwardly silent as everyone waited for me to enter the room, Ronnie directly behind me.

     "This is more news for Seth directly but I think y'all should know as well." She took a breath as if wanting to leave everyone in anticipation,"Devon, is my son. I had to give him up to his father because I had twins and he chose to take him. Later he impregnated his wife with a baby boy and left. The mother was so kind as to let me keep in touch with my son, Devon. I taught  him to care for the weaker and helpless.

     "Devon is Seth's guardian. Much like people of faith have angles that watch over them. Seth had Devon. Since Seth is half wolf we will have to keep an eye on him but there is a 50% chance he won't change," Beka said all seeming in one breath looking down at the table. Eyes were wondering. Fingers were tapping. Legs were bouncing but not a single word was said.

     Looking at my younger brother I could see things probably no one else did. As he clasped his hands together on the table they were still shaking, his left knee jiggled widely showing a sign of either stress or excitement, and finally his eyes bolted; never stilling in one place for too long. Coffee. Anxiety.

     Placing my hands on the table I pushed my self upwards from spot making the chair scratch the wooden floor and made a 'scene.'
                   ****************
              Seth's P.O.V

      One Direction had lied to me. The perfect boat they built me in the song 'I wanna write you a song' to show me my heart will never sink. Liars! Every single one of them! I could now feel my heart in my stomach as the information sunk in.

     Half werewolf. Guardian. Dad left. Mom. Step mom. Half brother?

     I could t stop all of my body parts from moving as my leg jiggled, my eyes darted around the room and my hands unfolded and started drumming in the table. What were Shawn and Eli thinking? Were they happy? Sad? Can we keep Devon around forever if he is my guardian?!?

     Suddenly there was a loud shriek of wood on wood. My body stopped all movement as I looked towards the sound. There Devon stood his hands on the table his eyes staring back at me.

    "Come," he said his voice breaking in the middle as if he was going through puberty again. I didn't question it. Pushing myself up and followed him out of the dining room feeling everyone's eyes on us.
Making it into the hallway he kept on walking towards the stairs. I followed. It was as if he had this chain on me and I had to follow for if I stopped I would just be jolted into motion again. At the stairs we started climbing upwards as a mountaineer would climbing Everest. The hallway was were it got darker. Looking upwards I could making out Devon's figure but not his features. Almost like I was thrown into the video game 'Slender.'

     "Seth?" Devon asked breaking me from my break from reality. I had not realized that I was clinging to him so tightly as if I wanted to break him in my arms of possible.

     Clearing my throat I unraveled him from my arms and stepped backwards, "sorry." Nodding he slowly turned and opened a door in assuming was his and Ronnie's since I wasn't really paying attention. Stepping inside he followed me for once and shut the door. Breathing in deeply he looked up at me his eyes full of regret, sorrow and anger.

     "You knew?" I yelled anger now running through my veins.

     Standing he was now face to face with me, "I only kept it from you because I was trying to protect you."

     His words enraged me more, "from what! Myself? Dad? Was that even our real dad?"

     He shook his head and looked up at me his eyes now filled with tears, "I'm sorry. I thought I was doing what was best. We were the ones getting the worst and had no one to help." Launching myself forward I hurdled into his arms.

    "Is it too late now to say sorry?" He sang making me giggle.

     "No."
***********************
                       Ronnie's P.O.V

     Smiling I took a step away from the door. I knew they would make up. But then again I could have just time jumped when everyone was sleeping.

     Why didn't you think of this sooner?

     Hearing them move inside I quickly moved for the stairs not wanting to be caught red handed. As I feet touched the top stair I heard the door open making my butt make contact with the ground.

    "Ronnie? What are you doing up here?" Seth's voice echoed off the walls. Turning I smiled as they made their way over to me.

  "Um, just, you know chilling" I rushed hoping neither of them could pick up my lie.
Both of them stopped and squinted their eyes at me. Sitting on the step knowing everything said in the room and kinda knowing they knew was awkward. I knew I was in deep shit if they found out the truth, I have to get out of here.

     "Coming!" I yelled and ran down the stairs as quick as I could and steered quickly into the dinning room. Hearing footsteps behind me I knew I was in shit so I ran around the table and waited for them to enter.

  "Ronnie you ass! Where are you?" Devon yelled passing the dinning room with Seth hot on his tail. Exhaling as I saw them enter the living room I leaned backwards into the wall.
I was sa-

    "What did you do?" Shawn's voice came from beside me scarring the last of what sense I had.

     On reaction my body threw itself across the room ready to hit someone, "What the fuck!"

     A smile spread across his face and then arms wrapped around my torso. "Got you, you little shit!" Devon's angry, husky voice blared in my ear. Squirming around in his arms I tried to break free but nothing was working.

    "I wanna know what happened!" Shawn danced around the dinning room like a little kid about to be served ice cream. Giggling the arms around me got tighter making me flench.

   "This bitch listened in on a sentimental brother moment," Devon said picking my feet off the ground and shaking me. I could feel my tongue flailing around in my mouth.
             *********************

     Climbing into bed next to a sleeping Devon I still felt bad about earlier. "Devon. Are you awake?" I asked leaning over his face.

     Squinting his eyes open he flipped over on his side, "no." His voice was groggy and he was clearly annoyed.

     I dragged him closer to me in the dark room until he was laying on my lap. Leaning down I whispered into his ear, "I wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier. I love you." I kissed his temple and at the close range saw him smile and knew I was forgiven. Leaning back I watched him breath in his sleep and raked my hands through his hair.

   "I love you too," He whispered snuggling into my lap. Smiling I giggled watching my dog sleep. He is too cute.