"Oh sweet Lord, please not in front of me. Gross."

I quickly pushed Kol away, staring at the person who always enjoyed to interrupt us every time. Kol groaned as he leaned back, his eyes locked on the ceiling.

"I hate you, little sis." he muttered, causing Rebekah to smile proudly.

"Why thank you Kol. That's the nicest thing you have said to me the last few centuries. And as I can see, you two are perfectly fine. Good. I was tired of your break ups." she said, sitting between me and him.

"Apparently Aurora and her brother are both determined to destroy us." we heard Klaus' voice as he climbed down the stairs, sighing in the process.

Rebekah gave him a frustrated look, exhaling heavily. "What did you do, Nik?"

"Well, clearly I had enough of her and this morning she threatened Camille's life right in front of me. Of course, I couldn't hold back so I might have scared her off. Now, she despises me." he explained, walking back and forth as he was glancing at us now and then.

"Nik! We already have to deal with a Lucien and the Strix and you just added in our death list one more lunatic ex of yours!" breathed out Rebekah in frustration.

No one talked for a few minutes when abruptly, Kol was the one who broke the silence. "Well that sucks." he said, standing up.

"Where do you think you're going Kol?" asked Klaus.

"I'm sorry Nik, but I don't want to be part of your epic battle with your obsessive ex and her prince brother so I'll just let you handle it aaall by yourself since I know how much you love slaughtering people."

Kol looked at me, nodding. I stood up, following him outside as we left Rebekah and Klaus in the living room, arguing about Klaus' anger issues.

~ • ~

"And where are we going now?"

Kol gave me a roguish grin before speaking up, opening the car door for me.

"We, are going out tonight."

I raised my eyebrows, glancing at him confused. "Now? But I'm not even properly dressed!"

"Relax, darling. You are absolutely stunning. You don't need a fancy dress to show off your alluring appearance."

I just giggled at that, as we both walked in a bar which, frankly, I had never been before. Compared to Rousseau's, the bar was full; and it wasn't even that late. People were dancing wildly and drinking endlessly, lost in the music. I felt Kol grabbing my hand and without warning, he pulled us in the dancing crowd.

Spinning me around, I ended up in his arms, our faces inches apart. He smirked amusingly as he put a piece of a hair behind my ear.

"We are going to have so much fun tonight, darling."

I smiled brightly and I half closed my eyes as he leaned in for a kiss; but what he truly did was to just spin me once again, catching me off guard. I muttered a "you.." and chuckled like an idiot as I watched him winking at me, his piercing eyes gazing into mine.

I still couldn't realize how we ended up here. A few hours ago we were at the mansion, discussing as usually about Klaus' enemies and now here we were, dancing in a bar of the French Quarter late night. Kol was really unpredictable, indeed.

"I'm going to get us something to drink. And you, will stay right where you are." he grinned as he planted a small kiss on my lips.

I smiled and watched him slipping through the crowd, heading to the bar. And as I turned around to find some more space, my body flinched.