Chapter 30

Sunday passed and Monday came. Fall came during the night. I could tell because when I woke up in the morning, it was freezing in my room, from my windows being opened a crack.

When I left my bed, my feet hit my soft, but cold, carpet. I headed to my closet trying to pick out something to wear. I decided on wearing black cotton sweatpants and a white soccer tournament t-shirt. I slid on a pair of socks and grabbed my Adidas slides, setting them next to my backpack to remind myself to put them on.

I walked into my bathroom and put deodorant and body spray on. I brushed through my hair and put it up in a low ponytail. 

I went downstairs, into the kitchen, where my father was sitting at the table, eating breakfast and reading the newspaper.

"Morning Daddy," I greeted.

"Morning sweetheart. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"That's good."

I nodded, while moving around the kitchen, in search of breakfast. Opening the freezer, I found the box of Eggo blueberry waffles, which I take out. I pull out two waffles, dropping them into the toaster. While those warmed up, I set a knife and the container of butter on the counter, along with a paper plate.

My waffles popped out of the toaster, so I lifted them out and set them on my plate. I buttered them, since I don't like syrup, and then ate.

Finished eating, I headed back upstairs to brush my teeth. I set my toothbrush down once I was done, and entered my room, picking up my backpack and slipping my shoes on.

I walked downstairs again, but instead went into the garage, where the car was. It was running, but empty. I shoved my things into the trunk of the car, and hopped into the passenger seat.

Waiting for my father, I pulled out my iPhone, and saw a text from Charlie. Good morning Anna<3. See you soon:).

I texted him back saying: <3morning Charlie. See you:):).

I shut my phone and slid it back into my pocket just as my father walked into the garage. He put his things in the backseat and then sat down in the driver's seat.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yup," I replied.

We pulled out of the garage, and drove to school. Parking in my father's reserved spot, I got out of the car and grabbed my bags, and made my way to my friends.

I found Charlie, Alex, Ben, and Henry standing together underneath the tree. I changed my direction and walked over to them.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

"Hey Anna," the boys chorused.

"What'd you guys do this weekend?" I asked.

"I went to my aunt and uncle's house for my cousin's birthday. I got cake," Ben answered happily.

"Was it red velvet?" I asked, knowing that it was Ben's favorite.

"Duh. My cousin and I are very similar," Ben replied.

"I went to a Bears vs. 49's game this weekend!" Henry grinned.

"I still don't understand how your a 49's fan," Alex said, shaking his head.

"Hey! Don't judge, its bad for your soul," Henry replied.

"I'm not judging dude. Take a chill pill," Alex responded.

"Got any? I've always wanted one," Henry asked sarcastically.

"I wish. Maybe then you wouldn't be so spazzy."