Chapter 19

I woke up around noon. I checked my phone for any messages. Nothing. I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for a message from Charlie about our date. 

I went downstairs, wondering if my dad was up. I made my way into the kitchen, and started cooking breakfast. I made waffles along with some bacon.  

I saw my dad come down, dressed for the day.  

"Look who's up," my dad commented.  

"Haha, very funny," I replied. "Morning." 

"Morning, how did you sleep?" He asked.  

"Great," I answered. "Breakfast is ready," I stated, setting the waffles and bacon on the table.  

"Yum, waffles," my dad exclaimed. He asked, "Are you doing anything today?" 

"Um, yeah... Ben and I are gonna hang out," I lied. I hated lying to him.  

"Okay cool, have fun. I have to go to the hardware store, the shower head in my bathroom broke," my dad explained.  

"Okay, when are you leaving?" I asked him.  

"Not sure. I don't know how long I'll be either. So just text me when you leave if I'm not here," he answered.  

"Okay, cool," I said.  

My father went back to his room, saying he had some work to finish. I cleaned the dishes up, an then went back into my room around one pm.  

I checked my iPhone, and saw a message from Charlie. I automatically smiled. His message said: Do you want me to pick you up?  

I put my phone on my bed and went to my dad's room. His door was closed, so I knocked to get his attention.  

"Come on in Anna," he called.  

I opened the door and saw him sitting on his bed with his laptop, along with numerous papers surrounding him.  

"What did you need, sweetie?" He asked.  

"Um, do you know what time you are gonna leave for the store yet?" I asked, somewhat nervous.  

"Kinda. I'm working on stuff for the counseling at the high school, and then after that I need to work on stuff for the team. So maybe not until 5, 5:30ish." He answered.  

"Okay, thanks," I replied. When I realized that my dad was fully concentrating on his work, I quietly walked out of the room, and closed the door. Going back into my room, I picked up my phone and answered Charlie: Sure:)! 6 right? And where are we going?:)  

He responded: Yup, 6:). And its a surprise;).  

Aww, I thought to myself, he's surprising me! But that doesn't help with what I'm going to wear!  

I replied: Okay:):). What should I wear then so I don't look out of place?  

He answered: Nice, and not too casual, but casual. Help at all?;)  

I texted back: Maybe;) haha. Thanks:) I'll see you later;)  

He texted me: See ya later;).  

I giggled. I had a little less then four hours to kill. I decided to have Ben come over so I could explain to him what was going on.  

He came over less than a half hour later. We sat in my room and I explained what was going on between Charlie and me.  

"So whenever you two go out, you want me covering for you?" Ben asked.  

"Yeah, I think that's what I'm asking," I weakly laughed.  

"I might not be able to do it all the time, but I'll help when I can," he said slowly.