Chapter Six

MADISON POV

"You're late." Nash, winked at me as I opened the door to his car, tossing my duffle bag in the back.

"Would you prefer the gross, sweatier version of me?" I laughed, slidding in and closing the door behind me. I looked over at Nash, who was staring at my body, biting his lip. "Oh, sick! You perv!" I laughed, smacking his arm. Nash smiled, shrugging, then handed me the auxiliary cord.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked, tilting my head as I examined my music, before selecting 'My Heroine' by Silverstein.

"Whatever you want, Spanx." Nash winked at me, then kind of cringed when Shane Told began to scream. "Except listen to shitty music. No screamo."

"We can't be friends anymore." I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"Just because I told you 'no screamo' in my car?"

"Half my bloody playlist is screaming!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. "And 'screamo' isn't a proper genre." Nash shook his head and laughed at me, throwing the car into reverse.

"Well, don't go all British on me, mate!Now I get why your friends are always calling you a music freak." He laughed, looking at me briefly, with a slight smirk before turning his eyes back to the road. "Besides, I was only kidding." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You're lucky I'm driving, Scott." He told me, reaching over to grab my knee, giving it a firm squeeze. "I would have definitely made you pay for that."

"Last name, huh? Guess I'm a cool kid now." I pushed his hand off my leg and he laughed.

"Keep on mocking me, lil Spanx. See what happens when we get out of this car." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Back to the hotel." Nash shrugged and I glared at him. "What!? You didn't answer when I asked you the first time."

"You insulted Silverstein." I huffed, looking out the window.

"I'm sorry." Nash laughed, running a hand through his hair. "Turn it back on." I shook my head, selecting 'Life @ 11' by A Day to Remember instead. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a stubborn ass?" He laughed at me.

"All the time." I grinned, then looked back out at the road. "OH MY GOD!"

"What!?" Nash asked, tensing a bit, his eyes widening, looking around wildly.

"Oh, sorry!" I laughed. "Green Day is playing here tomorrow!" I looked over to see Nash glaring at me. "Music freak?" I offered up an explanation. He nodded, turning his eyes back to the road.

"They're actually playing at the iheart radio music festival." He shrugged.

"What!?" I grabbed his arm with both hands. "I love them!" Nash smirked at me.

"I'm surprised they were ever invited back." Nash laughed, pulling into the parking garage. "You should have seen the shit they pulled in 2012. We were all warned about it."

"I've seen the footage." I laughed, smiling to myself. "Billie Joe Armstrong is a badass!" Nash shook his head, grinning to himself as he searched for a spot.

"So, does that mean you've changed your mind about going?" He parked the car and pulled out his keys. "I still have some guest passes I've got to use up."

"Depends on if my coach lets me." I shrugged, opening the passenger door.

"You should go." Nash swung his arm over my shoulder as we headed towards the elevator. I shrugged him off.

"I'll try." I smiled, looking up at him. It was then that I noticed not only how pretty his eyes really were, but how full his lips were, as well. Nash smirked when he caught me staring at him a little too long. I turned back forward to the elevator. I shook my head fast, as if I were trying to erase my thoughts like jumbled doodles on an Etch-A-Sketch.

"It's okay if you think I'm hot." Nash said once we were inside and the doors had slid shut. He reached around me to push his floor, brushing his body lightly against mine.

"What!?" I tried laughing, but it came out nervous and awkward. "Why would I think that?" I looked up at him, but his smirk only made me feel more anxious. "We're friends." I gulped, looking away.

"Whatever you say, Spanx." He chuckled before the doors opened to his floor. "You coming?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I guess." I sighed, trying to portray indifference. But, I wasn't sure who I was trying to convince with my shift in attitude. Him or myself.