Chapter Five

NASH'S POV

"Then you just push off and turn your body to the side." I explained to her, demonstrating on my own skateboard. She nodded her head, scruching her eyebrows together, then tried it herself. She pushed off with a little too much force and wobbled a little, trying to turn sideways on the skateboard. She almost has it, then completely wipes out on the pavement.

"Are you okay?" I ask, running over to her. She laughs, shaking her head. God, her laugh is adorable.

"I'm so uncoordinated." She lets out a little giggle and stands up, brushing off her sweatpants. "I should have probably changed into jeans before this."

"Probably." I laughed. "Looks like neither of us is that smart."

"You're wearing jeans." She pointed out.

"I still didn't tell you to go change, though." I grabbed my skateboard, pushing off and skating around her. "You're okay?" I asked again. She nodded, following me with her eyes.

"Can I try again?" She asked. I smiled. Most girls would have given up by now.

"Sure!" I skidded to a stop, then scooted my board towards her with my foot. She placed her foot the way I had showed her how before, pushing off the ground with less force this time as she tried balancing while she turned her body to the side. "You got it!" I clapped and cheered at her. She blushed, shaking her head as she slowed to a stop in front of me. "Way to go, spanks!" I smirked. She lightly smacked my arm. "Hey! It's a cute nickname!" I defended myself.

"No," she chuckled. "It's a vulgar nickname."

"Well, I mean you have a cute butt, especially in those spanks, so I think a cute butt qualifies it as a cute nickname." I winked at her. Madison looked away from me, blushing profusely. "Hashtag, sorry not sorry." I laughed.

"Hashtag, lame." Madison rolled her eyes at me, only making her that much more irresistible.

"So can I ask you a question?" I asked, changing the subject. She shrugged.

"Depends on what it is." I grinned at her answer.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked, bluntly. "I mean, you're incredibly cute and you're personality is really awesome." I paused to look over at her. She was blushing hard again. "So, there has to be something wrong with you." She laughed out loud at me.

"Just because I choose to be single?"

"Well, I guess that wasn't really an option in my head." I smirked.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because if you didn't have a boyfriend and there was nothing wrong with you, I was gonna try."

"You realize this whole conversation has just been you hitting on me." She laughed, trying to hide her pink cheeks as subtly as she could with her hands.

"You can't tell me you don't like it." She smiled at me.

"Doesn't mean I'll give in." She said. I smiled evily at her and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" I dropped my skateboard to the ground, then grabbed Madison my her knees, swinging her body over my shoulder. "Nash! Don't you dare!" She yelled at me. I stepped one foot up onto my skateboard and pushed off, leaning forward a bit more than I normally did. "You're going to kill us!" She yelled, causing me to laugh.

"Just relax, princess." I said, slowing down and then hopping off, setting her down to her feet. She smacked me a little harder than she had before, trying to keep a serious face as I smiled at her.

"You could have killed us!"

"Nah." I shook my head. "I would have broken your fall." I said, then added. "You can fall on me anyday." I winked at her.

"In your dreams, Grier." She rolled her eyes at me for the millionth time.

"Last name, huh? Does that mean I'm a cool kid now?" She laughed and shoved me a bit.

"Like I said, in your dreams." Just then my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out to find it was a text from Cameron letting me know when we had to be at rehearsal for our bit on the iheart radio music awards.

"We should probably get back." I said. Madison nodded in agreement, but not before I saw a flash of disappointed in her eyes. "You want to hang out tomorrow?" Her face lit up a little and she nodded 'yes', causing me to grin.

"I get out of practice at 12."