[10] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Start from the beginning

“He was on a tight schedule since his plane leaves in less than an hour, so he told me to say goodbye for him.”

“But he never said anything about going on a vacation to me before?” I said in confusion, liking the way Sebastian’s hand felt against my back, it felt oddly soothing.

“That’s because…I gave him the ticket…I felt bad for knocking him unconscious earlier, so to make up to him I gave him my ticket to the…Bahamas.”

I pushed away from Sebastian’s chest so I could see his face, “Really. Well…that was very sweet of you to do Sebastian,” I said giving him a small smile.

“Hey, I’m not all that bad,” he said with a mischievous smile.

“Sure you aren’t,” I said with a laugh.

“Well, I guess you’ll just have to wait and see,” Sebastian said placing his arm around my waist and leading me back to the car.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

The rest of the car ride was surprisingly not filled with an awkward silence. It was like an invisible wall had been lifted between us and I felt oddly at ease around Sebastian. I almost forgot he was the one who brutally murder my parents, but that thought still lingered in the back of my mind.

There was obviously something inhuman about Sebastian but I just couldn’t figure out what he was. I mean for all I know he could be a genetically engineered human that’s escaped from a testing lab. Or he could even be a superhero, what with his changing eye color, extraordinary reflexes and super strength, but that wasn’t the case since every super hero I’ve heard of doesn’t kill people, so I’m guessing he’s the evil super villain.

Suddenly from the corner of my eye I saw Sebastian stiffen in his seat. I watched as he lifted his nose up like he was sniffing the air before he glanced behind him in the rear view mirror. 

“Shit.”

I glanced back at the black SUV behind us, noticing two big burly men sitting in it, but there was nothing unusual about them.

Abruptly, the car lurched forward as Sebastian sped up, changing into the other lane. I fell back into my seat from the sudden burst of speed. “Sebastian what’s going on, who are those guys?” I said panicking.

“Just relax and be quiet, I’ve got everything under control,” he snapped.

I flinched from the harshness of his voice, not liking how his eyes were starting to turn black from their original midnight blue. I hated this side of Sebastian. This side was evil and I just couldn’t stop myself from pushing up against the door. Trying to stay as far away from him as I could.

Sebastian was weaving in and out of lanes on the freeway as he tried to lose the SUV behind us, but it was useless as I watched it mimic our every move. Sebastian suddenly cut off another car as he merged onto the upcoming exit, speeding up the ramp and heading into a small town.

The SUV was hot on our trail, as Sebastian sped through empty side streets. Disregarding any red lights as he sped through intersections, heading further and further away from town.

The residential area quickly became flat farm land, filled with rolling fields of grass and livestock. Then all of a sudden the back of the car’s windshield shattered and I screamed in surprise as glass flew everywhere.