-----

Some time later:

"Please I am sorry. Please..." Enrique said.
Thus far they hadn't touched him. Only locked him in a dark room which was completely silent. No human contact at all since the time Linc and Mel left him.

Entering the room he closed his eyes at once, once the lights were turned on.
"What are we going to do with you Ric?" Linc said as he stood in front of the man.
"Slowly peel off his skin until he dies from the pain," Vlad said as he twisted a bald in his hand.
"Let him rot away until maggots start eating his flesh," Lei suggested as Enrique's eyes bulged in terror.

"Please just let me go. I won't bother you again."
"That there is going to be a problem. You see my wife hasn't been feeling so well since she last saw you. And from what she tells me, it was because of you. Now I did warn you about touching what is mine.
"I swear I didn't touch her. Marco did. I had nothing to do with her kidnap, please," he cried.
"That's not what she told me. Not only did you touch, but you hurt my wife. You dared lay your filthy hands on her leaving behind a scar. But you know what I am going to love each and every one of those scars more because after I am done with you I will have avenged my parents, avenged my little girl, avenged my wife," Linc said in a chilling tone.

"She insisted on bringing in someone to deal with you after the butcher since she is a bit tired," Linc said as Enrique turned to look at Mel.
She remained silent as the door opened allowing Devon to walk in. His facial expression was blank but his eyes said all one needed to know.
Death was inevitable for Enrique.

-----

"Ms Melinda. How are you?" Devon said in a low voice his gaze falling to her legs.
"Never been better Devon. I hope you are well."
"Always well ma'am. When Roni informed me of what had happened I just had to come. And this is on the house no need to pay me afterwards," he said a smile breaking on his hard features.
"Why thank you very much for your assistance. There is someone I would like you to meet," she said turning towards Linc who moved towards them.

"Lincoln this is Devon. Roni's friend who took care of Chris remember," she said as Lincoln shook the other man's hand a smile forming on his face.
"So what shall I begin with?" Devon asked.
Mel wheeled herself closer to Enrique as he stared at her in horror.
"Anything below his waistline," she said in a flat tone looking straight into his eyes.

A man walked in pushing a cart that had a wide selection of tools lined up and an iPod dock.
Fishing something out of his pocket Devon plugged in the iPod as he left the room for a few minutes returning wearing coveralls and rubber boots. The man from earlier came in holding a tray which had a vial of something and and IV stand. Connecting the IV into Enrique who was baffled by this, they watched Devon take the vial.
"I found this fascinating little spider a while back and the little guys has been very helpful. Just a drop of this toxin can blind you for four hours, make your skin feel like it's on fire at the same time feel like ants are crawling all over, but two drop will result in your worst fears coming to life," he said as the straps were tightened. "Now I diluted it just for you Ric and let me tell you, whilst I work you will experience double the pain. I promise it will be very painful," he said.

"From the images I received of your X-rays, would you like me to do the same thing to him or worse?" He said as he put on gloves.
"Offer him the same treatment I was offered. But you know how I love to take care of my guests. We will take it up a notch if he survives the same treatment as the one I received," Mel said seeing Enrique struggled to get free hearing what they were discussing.

"Melinda please. I beg of you, don't do this," he cried.
"You should have thought of that whilst you let him cripple me. When you let them torture me," she spat angrily gripping the chair, only calming down when she felt Linc near as he placed a hand over her shoulder.

"Make him beg for death like I did," Mel whispered looking at Devon who simply gave her a slight nod.
As they left the room, Beethoven 1. Allegro con brio, started to play filling the room blocking any noise that would escape from Enrique's lungs.

----

Sitting in the car she heard Linc call her asking her, "Are you alright?"
She nodded her head as she took deep breaths to calm herself before she broke down in his arms. Facing Enrique without snapping had been difficult for her, as memories of the time she was held captive tormented her. She knew Devon would do more damage to the man, Roni had promised her this. The look in his eyes had assured her of this when they left that room.

"Can we go home," she whispered as Linc pulled her onto his lap holding her close as Walter took them home. Vlad, Lei and Cas were hunting down Marco and it was only a matter of time before they found him.

-----

"What are going to do after we kill Marco," she whispered as they sat in bed.
"What did you have in mind?"
"A vacation. Just us and the kids."
"I would love that but won't Zach's grades be affected," he asked worried.
"No, he is already taking next years classes with Talia."
"Where do you want to go."
"Where you found me last time," she smiled as a smile formed on his face.
"I will make the necessary arrangements," he said as his phone beeped.

Opening the message he took the remote turning on the television.
"They took my company and now my father. And the police are not doing anything about it," Rafael yelled as he stood in front of his former company.
"Mom and dad should have just killed the little bugger," Linc growled taking his phone once more.

"I want to talk to him," he growled into his phone.

-----

"Is this even appropriate Linc," Mel said looking at Linc's shirt as she struggled to do up the buttons whilst he tucked a blanket over her.
"Relax love, he is just a friend, just like Cas," he said doing the buttons up. "And I don't care what anyone else thinks because right now you look ravishing, if not for your injuries we would be having a different conversation right about now," he said with a cheeky grin.
"Lincoln Shields what will I ever do with that nasty mind of yours," she said making him laugh.

Whoohoo another chapter done. How was it?
Please feel free to leave a comment or vote or otherwise tell your friends about the power couple ☺️.

2 Chapters left we are almost there...