|Claws|

"John dear," she coos sweetly circling his still form. "It's me Alexia." She stops in front of him, and I wait with baited breath. Gently, she raises his chin. "You always were my favorite," she murmurs and with that her lips crash onto his. I scream and fly towards her. All of my careful concentration flies out of the window, and I'm ripped into another room. Screams fill the cell as I am sucked back into a body.

"JOHN!" Sobs wrack my frame. "Oh God no, no," I stumble out. Then, I hear it. Click, Click, click. The sound of metal heels on stone. With all the majesty in the room, she strides in, seizes me by the throat, and begins choking the life out of me. Or what is left in this person's body. When she pulls away, I am left gasping for air. Black dots dance in my vision, and I keen pitifully.

"That was the last straw Elizabeth. You defy me again and again and yet I keep you alive. Why is that? Hmm? Why shouldn't I just kill you know?" She advance ready, but even through the strangle garble that next came out of my mouth she understood why she couldn't.

"I know where she is," I find myself rasping. "And you. You don't." Her face pales considerably.

"That's impossible. She should be dead!" Her voice escalates. "I killed her with my own hands. Where is she!? WHERE!!??" She screams this all in my face, but I pay no mind. The person I'm in chooses instead to sneer in her face.

"You'll never know." A loud howl rips from her throat, and she begins screaming a colorful list of curse words at me. Until her body begins to convulse. "See. The mightiest one of them all," I mocked her, but she can't respond. Clutching the table, she leans over at the waist. Blood spews into the white lacy handkerchief she put to her mouth. For several minutes all she can do is gasp and cough. Finally, she rises.

"Tell me where she is," is her grunted command. I narrow my eyes.

"Go to hell," I snarl. In two long strides, she reaches me.

"You asked for it," she spits in my face, and with that, she rips out the bodies heart. I fall to the floor my vision black. "Oh, you have no clue how long I've waited to see a royal like you suffer," she gloats evilly squeezing my heart in her hands. I let out a throaty scream of anguish.

"How beautiful," she purrs, stroking it in a way that made me sick.

"So kill me!" I scream at her. "Just do it!!" But instead she just hold the heart an admires it. I let out a frustrated scream. "Why?" I howl.

"Because dearie, I have other plans for you." She strides across the room and reaches the table. Slowly, she opens the gilded box, and pulls out the new heart. "Now watch little girl. Watch what real power does." A knife gleams and slices straight down both in one slice. I immediately fall to the ground. The gravelly sound of Lafoye's voice fills my ears.

"Mistress this cannot be completed. It has never been done. Don't please," he beseeches frantically.

"Shut up," she commands harshly shoving him aside. I watch with clouding vision, and know the end is nearing soon. In horror, I see her take up the two halves, one of mine, the other of the replacement heart, and hold them in opposite hands. "As I said," she snarls maliciously. "Watch what real power can do, Elizabeth." I see her intentions before she starts moving. At a rapid pace, she slams the two halves together, and begins reciting the spell. My body is thrown to the ground where it lies twitching and convulsing in pain. I am unable to grasp enough breath. I'm drowning. Dying. Blinding light filled the room, and I hear Lafoye yell. Then, I feel her form tower over mine. "Say hello to hell for me," she whispers in my ear before shoving the now joined heart into my chest. Everything goes black. An inky blackness that I oddly enough felt as though I was swimming in. I am conscious (or at least I think), but my mind is racing with a million questions. Suddenly, I see a blinding light. Greater in magnitude than the one from the spell,and it seemed to give me a gentle calm. From this light, a divine voice spoke, no human being its equal.