Chapter 11 (Jenn)

"So she broke your heart?" I said as we sat down on the bench. The wind blew my hair in my face. With my ice cream in one hand it was hard to get my hair out of my mouth with the other. Jc told me about his ex, Lia. Lauren went home to get ready for a small party she was invited to with some old friends. I think one of the girls name was Arden. It doesn't matter. What mattered right now was Jc.

"She just came up to me with another boy holding her in his arms." He stared down at his ice cream. He stayed silent. I looked down at the ground. "Ever since I was little I've always wanted to be an ice cream man." He smiled a bit.

"People come and go Jc, but that's okay. Cause the universe will reveal who you are meant to be with forever." I looked out towards the ocean. I breathed in the salty air as I remember the universe pulling away the people who weren't right for me.

I felt his stare burning through me, but I didn't mind it. Honestly what I'm feeling right now with him was very familiar, but it's to soon. I'm not going to ruin what we have. It's only been a little over twenty four hours that we've known each other, but this connection I feel with him... It's.. No, no it's to familiar.

I promised myself I would never run down that path again. It's time to push those feelings aside. I know he still has feelings for that Lia girl. I'm not going to put myself through the torture again.

"Did the universe do that to you?" I turned to him. Our faces were close, but I pulled away a little. Don't. Don't go down that path again. A voice spoke in my head. "Did the universe take people away who weren't meant for you?" I bit my lip.

"To many times. It's okay though. I'm used to it." Suddenly I was pulled into a hug. His scent engulfed me. It smelt like home. STOP! You know what will happen if you continue this. The voice spoke again. I wanted to stay in his arms, but the voice was right. I can't hurt myself again.

I pulled away from the hug. "Thanks Jc."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you liked this chapter!!! Love you guys❤️

Jenn and Jc are parents!
-Noreen