Chapter 47

This was it.. we were finally gonna grow up. Today was graduation day, the day we walk the stage. It felt like time went by so fast. Today was also the last day I get to see my friends, but we all agreed to go to eat at the diner after school. Evelyn will be off to college probably, along with my other friends. While I stay home and relax until this baby is born. So sadly she won't be able to visit me that much. I never really pictured myself going to college.. I just pictured my self getting a job and having a family. My mom wasn't really happy with my decision of not going to college, but she understood that it was my choice and it's my life. So she hasn't said anything anymore. Anyway, I know what I want to do with my life. And that's to become a tattoo artist.

I took a deep breathe as I put on my white dress and flats. I was planning on wearing flats right now, so my feet doesn't hurt. And when I get to school, I'll change into heels. I had my hair curled and my make up done. My make up was a natural look, nothing too much. "You nervous, love?" Oli asked while buttoning up his white shirt. He was wearing black tuxedo pants, white buttoned up shirt, black blazer, and some boots. Oliver could look hot in anything. God damn I was lucky, I thought. I shook the thoughts and realized I was biting my lip hard while eyeing down Oliver bottom from top. He chuckled "You okay?" I scratch the back of my head laughing "Yeah.. wait.. no.. what if I trip on my way to the stage. Oh my fuck Oliver! That'd be totally embarrassing!" Oliver stared at me trying to hold in the laughter "That'd be actually hilarious." I mugged him "No it wouldn't! Everyone would be laughing! And oh my god what about the ba-." Oliver cut me off "Calm down, that won't happen. Think positive. Everything will turn out great, trust me," he said while holding onto my shoulders, looking into my eyes. I've always loved his light brown eyes.. everything about Oliver was perfect. I nod "I'm just really nervous.. I mean this is a big day." Oliver smiled weakly "I know.. but you'll get through it. I'll be by your side. And if you fall I'll catch you," Oliver said chuckling. I stared at him "Have you seen me..? And my big stomach?" "Yeah I've seen you. I see everything and I love it.. and your stomach is not even bad," Oliver said. I laughed and interlocked our fingers "Let's go and get this over with," I said taking a deep breathe. Then, we walked out of the house, leaving to school.

"You look so cute!" I said to Cora. She smiled "Thank you, you're the one that looks better though!" I laughed "We both look good!" I had to admit Cora did look cute, she was pretty, and had a nice body. Luke was a lucky guy to have Cora in his life. "So do you think your mom is here?" Oliver said while wrapping his arms around my waist. "Uh.. yeah I'm pretty sure." He chuckled "Yeah my mum and dad is here. They'll probably be sitting next to Nick and your mom." I nod "Most likely."

Evelyn shrieked in excitement "This is it! We finally made it!" I chuckled at her comment and continued listening to the principal call out the names. I fiddled with my gown nervously, then Oliver interlocked our fingers. Gosh, my fingers and palms are probably sweaty, I thought in my head. As I looked down at my gown, Oliver nudged me. I looked up as he stared into my eyes then said "Calm down alright love?" I nod and he smiled softly at me. I hated the thought of me walking up on stage in front of thousands and thousands of people. It got to the point where I got sick to my stomach. I just wanted to get this over with. Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turn around to see Cody "You nervous?" I nod and Cody takes off his bracelet which says "RELAX." I smiled and grabbed it from him, saying thanks. I put the bracelet on and took a deep breathe, listening to the names being called "Jenna Black," "Joshua Dun," "Luke Hemmings," and "Cody Herbinko." Along with the rest of my friends.

Then my name was finally called. I could feel my heart racing, as I tried to calm down by taking deep breathes. And as I was about to stand up from the seat, Oliver grabbed my wrist. I turned around and he smashes our lips together. He broke the kiss and smiled at me "This is it." I smiled softly and walked off on to the stage hoping I wouldn't trip. While I was on my way to the stage I heard Evelyn yell "GO BEAN! THATS MY BEAN!" I chuckled, reaching the stage and shook the principals hand "Congratulations MaryJane." I nod "Thank you so much." I grabbed the diploma out of the principals hand and looked around the crowd, seeing Oliver smiling at me and clapping. I blew a kiss and saw my mom along with Nick, sitting next to Carol and Ian. I wasn't surprised. I laughed and walked off the stage carefully.

I sat back down next to Oliver, as everyone congratulated me. While I thanked everyone, Evelyn was called. "Evelyn Ross," the person said into the mic. I began clapping and yelling "GO EVELYN! LOVE YOU! YOU MADE YOUR BEAN PROUD!" While Josh was screaming at the top of his lungs too. She had walked on stage and grabbed the diploma, flipping everyone off and mouthing "I hate you all," while the adults weren't looking. All the students were laughing while the adults were confused on what had happened.

"Students.. throw your caps high on three. 1.. 2.. 3.." The principal said into the microphone while everyone threw their caps high, including me. I smiled wide at the thought that I was finally done with school, and now I can finally relax.. without any stress or pressure. We had all gotten our caps and put them back on our heads, getting ready to finally leave this hell hole. I wrapped my arm around Oliver, getting ready to take pictures. Since I knew my mom would want to take tons and tons of pictures for memories.

"I'm so proud of you," my mom said wrapping her arms around me tightly. I could tell my mom was on the verge of crying since her little girl was growing up, but she didn't want to cry and embarrass me. I chuckled "It's alright to cry mom.." She sniffled "Really?" I smiled still not looking at my mom "Yes mom." Then she looked at me holding my cheeks "I'm so proud of you.. you've grown into a beautiful women and your dad would be really proud. He would want you to know that," she said while tears were rolling down her cheeks. I smiled weakly holding in the tears. I didn't want to cry.. not today. This was suppose to be a good day for me "I know you are mom.. and he would." She wrapped her arms around me again and said in my ear sniffling "Come on.. let's take some pictures now. You and Oliver first!" I laugh "Alright." Then I stood next to Oliver while our body's were touching each other, and we faced my mom smiling. She took the photo and I turned to Oliver, while he pressed our lips together. I heard a snap and I realized it came from my moms phone "Oops," she said awkwardly. I face palmed and chuckled "Mom.." Oliver laughed "Make sure to send me that!"

"Congrats sister," Nick said handing me a bouquet of flowers. I smiled, grabbing the flowers "Thank you Nick. These are beautiful," then I hugged Nick. After the hug, I began taking photos with my friends like Cody and Evelyn, my mom and Nick, the band mates, Oliver's parents, and lastly I took a group picture with the people I met on the first day of school. The people that cheered me up and made sure I was happy no matter what.

"These high heels are killing me," I said as I walked into the diner with my group of friends. Evelyn sighed "I know.. I can't wait to sit and relax." "All I know is that I'm fucking hungry," Clay said as we all sat in a table booth. It was crowded, but hey we all fit. Everyone that came with us to the diner was Clay, Evelyn, Cora, Josh, and Oliver. "I definitely want a chocolate milkshake," I said as I looked in the menu. "I want fries," Josh said. Then the waiter came over to our table taking our order.

"Thank you guys.." I said as I took a sip of my milkshake. "For what?" Cora asked confused. "For being my friends.. and always being there. I'm so glad I met you guys. It sucks we won't be able to hang out that much anymore since you guys are going to college.. but hey.. you guys could always visit me and this little one," I said looking down at my stomach. Evelyn smiled "Of course we will. I can't stand not meeting this baby bean soon enough! I'm gonna be a bean aunt." We all began laughing "Sucks how we're growing up. But hey it's life. And instead of thinking about life right now.. let's just relax and hang out like nothing's stopping us," Clay said. Cora nodded and smiled "You're right.. let's all take a moment to appreciate how we're all together right now." Then we all did, we lived in the moment and acted like nothing was stopping us.

||Author's Note||

Ahh I got a new phone today, and 3 more days till The Neighbourhood concert AHHH. IM SO READY.

    Btw, don't think this is the end of "Without You," because it's not. Don't worry ((: still more to come!!