Chapter 18: Change of Plans

"Aw, is someone mad?" Freddy's once comforting cackle did nothing but annoy me now.

"I'm not talking to you," I pouted.

My conversation with the police had been horrible. Grasping or not didn't help the fact that I was the cause for Phil's death, directly or indirectly. I still didn't know at that point because neither the cops nor Freddy had told me what killed him or how he'd been found. Also, I was feeling somewhat betrayed by the dream demon for not helping me out before. I felt he had kind of set me up though logically I knew that wasn't true. It was the connection. He couldn't directly affect anyone while in the real world except me. He had put his hands in mine, lending his strength so I could restrain my friend. Maybe I was just returning to that state of mind where I was convinced I was insane and imagining everything.

Freddy suddenly pounced onto the bed, strattling me with either hand taking hold of the bedposts behind me. He stared down at me with a wicked grin, eyeing me. But instead of gazing lustfully back, I only glared. His upper lip curled into a snarl as he barred his teeth, removing claw from above me and placing it, palm down, on my crotch, pressing firmly. I tried not to wriggle because even though I was angry, the touch still aroused me. Dammit. I couldn't hide the subtle nuance in my face that acknowledged the sensation though and his evil smile spread further as he put more pressure on my intimate region. Even with my thick jeans, I could feel his sharp blades beginning to cut through the fabric. The only thing I could do was twist to my side to the insinuation, but that didn't sit with him well... He let his body fall lower to me, pulling in his legs to hug me tighter between him as he forced me onto onto my back once more and pinned my hands to my sides. I mentally chastised myself for feeling excited at these harsh actions.

"Don't be such a woman!" He barked.

I turned my eyes to him, doing my best to remain emotionless with my scowl, but the line of questions I rushed out were entirely emotional, "I killed Phil, didn't I? Are you just a part of my mind? Am I actually becoming the murderer?"

"You're being insane right now," he growled, "Taking credit for my work... You did a number on your friend. It even affected the way he dreamed. But that's my kill as were all the others," he lifted his claw and pointed a blade at me, "You'll have to make your own if you want credit."

My brow furrowed then eased as I stared back at him, but I couldn't seem to formulate any response. I hadn't killed Phil, so...they couldn't blame this on me, could they? I felt like they were trying to. I instantly retracted my previous thoughts. Freddy was right. I hadn't known those other people. I hadn't murdered anyone and Phil had been alive when I left. I might be changing...or rather embracing my inner nature...but I wasn't imagining this dream demon. He saw the gears in my head turning. I don't know if he had a clue what I was thinking, but either way, he began speaking again.

"Oh, I see. You don't trust me," his words were thick as he made an obvious fake of being sad and retreated from me. He sat up on the end of my bed, hands together between his legs in a mocking position, "And here I was planning this wonderful gift for you and you don't even trust me."

I wanted to be annoyed with him even still, but I couldn't hold who he was against him. What kind of hypocrite would that make me. Besides, I was curious. "What the hell are you talking about?" I scoffed, pulling myself up to sit beside him.

"No, I don't think you really want it anyway. I mean, why would you want to join someone you don't trust?" he smirked, standing up and walking away from me, twitching his blades behind his back before turning and lowering his gaze to rest on my body.

I was confused and he was laying this pretend attitude on more and more. "What do you mean? I already joined you," I spat, "I think I've made THAT clear."