Chapter 12: I Won't Hide

When I awoke the next morning, the sun was just beginning to rise. Sighing, I sat up in bed, slung my legs over the side, and stood. I stretched before heading off to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I turned the water on to run hot while I took off the clothes I had fallen asleep in and looked at my naked body in the mirror.

The wounds on my chest and stomach from Freddy's claw were still there although they were showing the first signs of healing. It saddened me to think they'd soon be less obvious yet it was comforting to know I'd have the scars always.  And more than that, I'd receive more marks from Freddy to relish...

The last night's intrusion with my boyfriend upon my friend had really helped me to 'break out of my shell' so to speak. Instead of letting myself be ruled by the expectations placed upon me by everyone from my mom to my classmates to society, I allowed myself to just simply do what I felt- what I wanted to do- without worry of their prying eyes and demeaning natures bringing me down.

The mirror started to fog as I stared. Steam from the shower had already begun to fill the room, heating and blurring it. As I stepped under the soft, cascading water, I felt free...happy...something I hadn't truly felt...not since I was a kid and didn't 'know any better.' And all of this...because of Freddy Krueger. I thought of the charred man, standing there in his tattered sweater and his dirty slacks, his old hat creating an ominous shadow over his face, and his arms crossed, gloved hand risen high, blades dripping sweet crimson. He smiled his evil grin, his decaying teeth held no horror for me...

I had been standing beneath the water for quite some time lost in thought. But I hadn't even started to bathe. Suddenly, I was worried that I might be late for school, so I rushed my normal cleansing ritual, quickly dried my hair and headed for my room. I skipped quickly through the hall, my body covered only by the towel. I made sure the bedroom door was shut and latched before I began looking for new clothes. But first with a glance to my clock. I was still on time so I stopped rushing.

And as I did, annoyance took over happiness. The only reason I ever was afraid of being late was the chance I should incur the wrath of my mother. My mom, who did her best to appear the end all of perfection as well as the true victim, never ceased to force me into being exactly how she perceived herself to be. And if I should fall short in the slightest, she would do anything from slapping me around and yelling to throwing away my books or making me eat from the trash. I had grown up with such an encompassing fear of her that I still had trouble with the idea of sharing anything about how she was behind the scenes with others. They wouldn't believe me. Her facade was too strong, a grip I didn't have. Besides, I had played into it for so long, people would think I was the liar by that account as well if I came forward... A liar or a loon...

Thinking about it all made me slip into an anger. I still had next year before I turned eighteen with half of this year still to finish. My feelings of fury clashed with the feeling of depression creeping upon me and I let the latter take over. Only on my eighteenth birthday could I escape her and begin to live on my own accord but...how could I afford myself? Jobs were hard to get and I had no experience. And I knew the moment I left home, I'd be seen as the bad guy... No doubt my mom would play that up. Feeling hopeless again, I sunk to the floor and with knees bent to my face, I wept.

Suddenly, I felt something cold on my face. I gasped, my head shooting up afraid of having to explain why I was sitting there cold, naked, and crying. But as I looked to the source of this feeling, I saw Freddy kneeling in front of me, a singular blade from his glove catching a tear from my cheek.

"You shouldn't waste such sorrow," he growled softly.

I looked back into his fierce blue eyes, confused at his words, but comforted at his presence. "What do you mean?" I sniffled as he withdrew his claw from my face, settling back into an 'Indian' style position. I grabbed the towel at my chest and let my legs fall to the side so I was sitting normally as well.

"I mean that sorrow shouldn't be wasted on such a beautiful creature. Those others should be sad," he explained, then pointed a blade at me and finished, "Not you."

"Well," I said, wiping my face with the back of my hand, my tears stopping, "I'm not pretty for one thing."

Freddy growled, his lips snarling as he lifted himself and used that one extended blade to swipe against my face, giving me a fresh cut. Now squatting in front of me with forehead against mine and eyes boring into me, he growled, "I didn't say you were pretty. What I have seen of you is something others have not. Something of worth...something useful."

His words were sweet and for some reason they seemed both out of place and genuine at the same time. My hand was on my face, fingers getting covered with my blood as they felt around and in the torn skin. I gazed back into his eyes, studying him. I wanted to say what I was thinking, but was unsure how to go about it. So instead...I just stared.

"You didn't finish what you were going to say," he finally spoke, catching me off-guard.

I shook my head to bring myself out of my thoughts, "Oh. Um..."

"You don't like what I said?" he continued rather roughly, tapping his foot and crossing his arms, his claw perfectly exposed between us.

"It's not that!" I spat, standing up myself, almost falling out of my towel.

He cocked his head to the side, grinning at my mishap and jutting his blades forward. Their sharp points caught on my towel and yanked it from me, twirling me off balance so that I ended up on the floor again, clutching my thighs together to hide and crossing my arms to hide my intimate parts.

"I just..." I started weakly under the weight of his gaze on my naked body.

"Francine," he grinned, "Don't lie to me."

The threat, I felt, would have generally came with a menacing action of some sort. A curled fist or a swipe of his blades, but instead...he stayed there perfectly still. It made me wonder if he knew his withdrawing from me would hurt me and any physical pain would only give me pleasure. Either way, the scenario was arousing regardless of my not being quite comfortable being completely exposed yet or not.

"Useful? Worthy?" I repeated his description of me, "I only have worth to you because you want to use me and know my I'm weak to you...in a different way, but still weak."

"Ha!" the man scoffed, dissipating and reappearing directly behind me, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me close to him.

Freddy wrapped a hand around my stomach tightly while his claws landed on my chest, scratching my breasts on their way up to my neck and then my cheek where he had made the gash. He plunged a blade into the already parted skin, causing a sweet pain that mad me moan. I was barely of enough mind to keep the noise low as to not draw Mom's attention. I didn't want this moment to be stopped. Just as his blade finished leaving the damaged tissue, Freddy spun our bodies around to face the mirror on my dresser. The cut he had made on m6 cheek was still dripping. I guess since he was in the physical realm...there was no 'lack of fear' protecting my body.

"That's not important," he purred. "What you have to ask yourself is: Do you care if I'm just using you in this way? Ask if...you're enjoying something for once..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: Chapter originally written 10/21/2015
Chapter rewritten 11/1/2017

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: Chapter originally written 10/21/2015Chapter rewritten 11/1/2017