Jealous Pet

Vernon and Melanie enjoyed playing games together in her room while eating up the snacks Mrs. Ok prepared for them.

Meanwhile Suga was in the backyard getting more frustrated.

Is she replacing me? He thought.

The poor Akita feels as though Vernon will soon become Melo's new friend, and she'll forget all about him.

I hate that guy. Suga thought and laid down on his side.

"He needs to go." He muttered.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

-Vernon POV-

Mrs. Ok offered me to stay for dinner, I didn't want to intrude but Melanie insisted. So I accepted.

However I'm quite nervous.

What if her dog chews my face or something... he really scared me when I greeted him.

I don't think he likes me very much.

But I don't know why, I did nothing wrong? I was just...

Hmm maybe it's because I'm a boy.

Mrs. Ok said something about him not liking company...

Perhaps he thinks I'm harmful to Melo, which I'm not. I'm just being a good person.

Though I do kind of like her...

She's really cute, not the girl I'd go for but I'm taking it in consideration.

She sure is something else. Definitely not like any other girl I've met.

"Vernon~"

I paused the game I was playing and turned to look at Melo by her door.

"Oh hey." I said.

"My mom said dinners ready, would you like to eat now or when my dads home?" She asked.

I checked the time.

7:30pm.

It's getting pretty late...

"When does your dad come home?"

We heard the door shut, "I'm home girls..."

Holy crap her dads home.

She smiled, "That's him, guess you don't have an option now."

Nope. I don't.

I got up and dusted my pants then went to her mirror and fixed my hair a little.

"You look fine, Vernon." Melo said.

I chuckled and met her gaze, "I want to look good in front of your dad."

"Hmm.. then I suggest you get rid of the bandana.."

What? Oh...

ಠ_ಠ I see.

I unwillingly took it off and put it in my pocket.

"Melo? Where are you, doll?" Her dad said.

"Come, let's go see my dad."

I'd rather not and go home but whatever, might as well.

I walked downstairs behind her as I passed by her living room, I spotted her dog in there napping on the carpet.

Guess he decided to take a nap after time out instead of bothering Melo and I.

He looked harmless, but clearly he's not.