The Chase

-Adrien POV-
As the tears slipped down his cheek, Adrien looked up and saw the figure that he recently saw. "Who a-" he couldn't continue his sentence because she already started speaking. "Dragonfly, it's Dragonfly. You're Chat Noir, Ladybug's team-mate. You shouldn't have come; I have some unfinished business to attend." As she began strutting away, Chat stopped her. "Hey! Just one last question. Who are you, really? Like, were you akumatized? Or are you a miraculous holder?" She squinted at him and looked away. "Are you looking for a fight? A duel?" "N-no! I'm just asking... I just want to know who you are." There was a long moment of silence before she responded "... Both."

-Marinette POV-
When Chat asked her who she was, she panicked. What is she supposed to tell him? Dragonfly looked away and responded "Both" without thinking. She wanted to play it cool, but she couldn't stop blushing, sweating, and twitching. Marinette ran for it. She ran and jumped on the roofs of the paris buildings until they reached to and end. Chat had chased after her and she noticed his nervous and worried expression. It looked similar to Adrien's face when an exam was coming up. She completely turned to look at him as the wind blew through their hair. Mari found it a relief that she was using hair buns, it was better than having her hair blowing all over her face. "Why are you running away? Lets talk this through!" Chat yelled, with the same expression as before. The only thing on the girls tormented mind was to make an escape but in that moment, Hawk Moths words were whispering through her head "Go! Grab his miraculous! Do you know what I can do to you if you don't?" That was it. She couldn't take it anymore.

-Adrien POV-
He looked at the akumatized girl with a worried expression. Was she Marinette? She looked an awful lot like her, but also a bit like his lady. Chat had chased after her for a few minutes but it was no use in helping them. He started worrying; where was Ladybug? He had never worked alone. Even if it wasn't with Ladybug, and with a civilian (Mari). Dragonfly suddenly looked like she was giving up. Her wide eyes were wider than before, looking to nothingness. She lifted her hands to show some wing connected to her forearms. With a face of despair, she through herself off of the building.

To be continued...