Chapter 18 - Shit.

Start from the beginning

Maybe I made a mistake.

He got up and stood right in front of me and leaned down until his face was inches from mine and closed his eyes. I could feel my heart beating like crazy and just as I thought he was about to kiss me

"Listen Ryder all I wanted from you was to bang you, yeah you pretty hot but I don't like you or want you anymore so why don't you run off and cry to Nathan?" He whispered.

Ouch. That hurt like a slap in the face.

I decided to do the rational thing, I slapped him across the face. I choose to come see him before Nathan and this is what I get? Hell no.

"Stay away from me" I said and kept my face blank of any emotion.

On the inside I was broken. What he said had seriously hurt, like physically hurt. I know this sounds cliché but I have this stabbing pain in my heart and the longer I stay in this room with him the longer it hurts.

I've never been one of those girls who needs a boyfriend and breaks down over over nothing and I do not intend to start being one.

So I turned on my heel and walked away. I'm done with guys. I should never have to feel like this over some stupid asshole!

I hereby vow to never get so attached to another guy that is not my mate and until I find him the only men I care about are my brothers.

I need to get rid of this feeling! I need to find Skylar and go get drunk.

#Later#

"Noooooooo we'll get lost and raped by some wolf who thinks were super smexy!" I slurred at Skylar. We had gotten seriously drunk after I told her what happened. She tried to go kick the shit out of Chris but I told her he wasn't worth it.

"It's not rape if you enjoy it hunny! Most guys in this pack are hot as hell! Let's goooo it'll be fun!" She said and dragged me into the woods.

She had said something about a lake and wanted to go skinny dipping.

It was dark at this stage and after a few minutes of walking it started to super creepy. I heard a twig snap and sobered immediately.

"We have to get out of here Skylar. Now!"

"Miley I think someones here!" She said looking worried.

"I know, Mind link with Danny, tell him where we are and to come get us now! I think were in danger" I said while looking around. Dead silence. We were in the woods in the middle of the night.

Something dangerous is here and all the woodland animals are staying well away from it and I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched.

"I'm afraid Danny won't be able to help you now little wolf" Said a deep voice.

I spun around and there was a guy dressed in all black leaning against the tree, he was really pale and I could have sworn his eyes flashed red. Skylar started growling at him.

"Vampire" She hissed.

Shit.

~~~~~~~

Chris POV

I can't believe I did that. All I want to do is grab her and kiss those perfect lips, but I had to make her hate me it's the only way I'll be able to keep away from her.

Nathan was right. I'm a player and I never want to hurt her by giving into my weakness. Girls. Girls like Ashley that throw themselves on me. Miley is a good girl. She would want to wait until she found her mate.

If I dated her and got drunk and cheated I would never forgive myself. She could be my mate for all I know and if I cheated on her before we even found out she would reject me immediately. Thats it game over. Id never get a family, a little baby girl and a son that I've always wanted. Id eventually lose my wolf and basically be a shell with no feelings.

I can't let that happen. I can get her to forgive for what I said today but if I cheated? She would never trust me again.

Right now I was lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself when Danny came bounding down the stairs.

"Miley and Skylar! There out in the woods! Theres a vampire!" He screamed and shifted into his massive black wolf and started running. Not a second later I was behind him pushing myself to go as fast as I could.

Nathan must have been nearby and heard Danny screaming because he was running along with us. We heard a loud howl and Kyles white wolf lept over us and ran beside Danny. They were rare and powerful wolves and we had no hope of keeping up with them.

'When we find them get Miley and Skylar back to the house, protect them, we'll deal with the vampire' Danny said mind linking with Nathan and I.

'Yes Alpha' We both said.

We got to a clearing and Skylar was lying on the ground unconscious. Where the hell is miley?

**********

Comment?Vote?Follow?

Tell me what you think is going to happen to Miley! Will they find her in time?

Team Chris or team Nathan? Comment and tell me!