Now it was Ebony's turn to laugh. “What?” Ebony asked. “Did you think I ripped the both of us out of my body and into Limbo?  Do you think I wouldn’t know you would try to kill me if I pulled the both of us out?” Ebony closed her hands around Mercy's throat and rolled them over.  She could feel warm blood sliding down her shoulder, and chanced a glance at it in case of injury.  Her shoulder stood unmarked. "My mother is none of your concern bitch! You are never to speak of my mother again!  Do I make myself clear?"

Mercy's face slowly turned purple as she nodded slowly at first, gone was the mania in her eyes, replaced by genuine fear as she realized she stood powerless against Ebony within Ebony's own mind.

Ebony held her grip until Mercy's eyes began to roll back in her head and she released.  Mercy took a gasping breath and clutched her throat, coughing and hacking, color slowly fading from her face.  She bared her teeth at Ebony and hissed, a pair of large black, scaled and feathered wings unfurling from her back.  She lunged at Ebony and at the same moment her shoulder buried into Ebony's shoulder, Ebony became a puff of smoke and vanished.

"Get back he--"

--re you bitch!  I want to rip you limb from limb and eat your entrails as you lay there slowly dying!  Get back here!

“Go crawl back to your corner!” Ebony roared.  She mentally picked up Mercy and flung her back into the recesses of her brain.  Mercy instantaneously became silent, seething anger radiating from that part of Ebony’s mind, and the headache pangs became greater.  She then became aware of a pair of hands around her arm.  Elijah held her up right, helping her walk.  Ebony looked around and saw the complex had fallen long behind them.  She must have continued walking in a trance like state during her shouting match with Mercy.  Elijah’s hands fell away as she straightened up.

Are you alright? You got really quite there for a moment. Elijah asked. And then you shouted at no one at all.

Ebony took a deep breath and laughed a little, “I’m fine.  Just some annoying thoughts running through my head. SHUT UP, MERCY!  Fine, seriously.” She looked down at the ground as they lapsed back into silence, a true silence this time, without Mercy cutting in.  There was a snap of something behind them, and they both whirled around in time to see Sam grab Elijah around the throat and lift him from the ground.

“Now, what did I tell you about running off?” Sam asked.

Ebony, please, get out of here. Elijah said. I don’t want you to see this. His voice began to waver and fear pulsed in his mental manifestation in her head.  It then vanished as Sam flung Elijah up against a tree, a cry of pain escaping him and he slid to the base.

“Elijah!” Ebony cried out.  She shook in fear and stepped back from the shape shifter.  Sam reached out and grabbed Elijah, flinging him to the otherside of the clearing.  Elijah rolled several times before slamming into a small brittle magma formation, breaking it apart.  Hot lava began to spew everywhere.  Elijah began to scream in agony as the molten liquid covered his skin.  His cries sent a tear sliding down Ebony’s cheek and she took another step back, crushing something beneath her feet.  She stumbled and fell back into a patch of pod like plants that sent a puff of smoke up.  She coughed, waving at it as she sat up.

The trees doubled in number almost instantaneously, some almost see through.  Sam had been replaced by a burning figure, his entire body bathed in flames.  She shook her head out and for a moment, things straightened out.  But then things took a turn for the worst, the trees doubled, then tripled.  The flames returned to Sam and the forest darkened.  It was nearly impossible to see in the forest.  Ebony picked herself up and began to limp away from the burning man and the thrashing demon.  She stumbled through the forest, her chest heaving.  Cracks and pops came from every side.  A root tripped her and she was sent sprawling across the ground at the base of the tree.  As she lay dazed, something shifted on the tree trunk and a pair of red eyes stared back at her.  A scowl formed an a creature, much like the thrashing magma demon erupted from the tree, large grey wings unfurling and flapping to keep it from falling forward.  It screamed at her, a high pitched agonizing screech.  Ebony scrambled back, slicing up her palms and getting to her feet.  She frantically looked everywhere for a possible escape as the thing crawled down off the tree and stalked towards her.  There was a flash of white and the creature flew up against the tree, crashing through it and burnt up in the shoot of lava.  She stumbled once more and fell to the ground, rolling over she took in a good look at her savior.  Recognizing the messy black hair and muscular body, she smiled.

"Gabriel!" She cried and jumped to her feet.  He spun and she embraced him, instantly regretting it.  The instant his arms closed around her, it felt wrong.  The arms were too lanky, the grip was wrong, he was too tall.

"Gotcha," he whispered in her ear.

She froze in his arms and looked up, Gabriel's face twisted and contorted until it changed, even through her numbed, hazy mind, she knew it was the truth.  She had just flung herself into Lucifer's arms, willingly.  The forest around her vanished, replaced by stone walls and a lavish room.  He dropped her to the ground, sprawling across it.

"You are mine, now," Lucifer hissed and vanished in a puff of smoke.  Ebony lay there and watched as demonic figures danced through her field of vision and she slipped into unconsciousness.