AotD - 19

Ebony hobbled along, using the gnarled branch as a crutch to walk on. Her ankle throbbed in dull agony, but she gritted her teeth, trying to keep her mind off of it. Elijah walked along beside her.  She looked at him, remembering the man he used to look like.  He looked a lot like his father, with a sharp jaw and piercing eyes, but it was all gone now, replaced by charred skin and empty orange dents.  He gave her a smile, a rough, cracked smile that came across some what psychotically but calmed her racing mind.

It’s maybe another hundred feet, just hold out.  Once we are in the forest, we can fly and take the weight off your ankle. Elijah said.

Mercy forced her way to the front of Ebony’s mind and drove a spike of pain in right behind Ebony’s temples. She enjoyed giving Ebony the splitting headaches she received when Mercy made her presence known. God....why does this guy have to spend so much time in my head? Mercy groaned. I mean, its not like he’s poking around in anything but I feel, like, violated. Ebony could imagine her wrinkling up her nose and grimacing at the idea of having to share the space, not like it was infinite or anything.

Good! Ebony snapped. The more uncomfortable the sadistic, stuck up bitch that resided in her head was, the happier Ebony could be.  He will remain in there as long as he fucking pleases.  Hell. I may let him stay there and go poking through your memories if he wants to.  DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!

Geez, you don’t have to shout. Mercy muttered and retreated to the back of Ebony’s mind, cowering in the corner, trying to get as far away from Elijah’s mental presence as possible.  The headache retreated, sort of.  It went from the front of her head to the back where is burned like a cooling ember.

Elijah pushed a door open and it lead out into the forest.  Hobbling out, Elijah motioned for her to stay and he vanished for a moment, returning moments later with a black cloak.  He drapped it over her shoulders and tied the strings in the front, flipping the hood up to cover her face. It won’t do much to hide you, but at least you won’t be recognizable from behind.  Come on, lets get going.

“Okay,” Ebony said and they began to weave their way through the forest.  They walked in silence, save an occasional pipe up from Mercy which Ebony either instantly suppressed or forced the malicent bitch back into a corner and threatened to starve her for a year if she didn’t shut up that instant. Ebony looked over to Elijah as they reached a magma stream and he helped her over. “I liked your father, Commander Varston. I really did. I didn’t want to kill him, which is why I let him live. I couldn’t emotionally take the burden of killing him.”

But you took the others lives without care. Elijah said.

You didn’t kill them! I did while you wept like a five year old child for her mother. Wait! That's right, you got your mother killed. Mercy muttered.

Ebony retreated inside her head and grabbed Mercy by the collar, erecting a solid wall behind her and throwing her against it. She intently studied the murderous beast that shared her head and body. Mercy’s red eyes glinted back with a mixture of euphoria and lunacy that should have terrified any who saw it. Ebony had seen it enough, worn it enough, to be immune to its effects. Mercy donned a twisted, psychotic smile filled with pure white, razor sharp incisor like teeth.  

“Listen to me you murderous, narcissistic sadist,” Ebony growled. She was livid. “You are to find a corner of my mind, an empty one, and you are to barricade yourself in there. If you come out, I will starve you to the point of withering away to nothing but an insufficient speck but I will isolate you, I will lock you away in an unbreakable prison. Got it?”

Mercy’s face became an even scarier version of her previous, the psychotic smile widening  and euphoric/lunatic eyes dripping with less euphoria and more lunacy, then she began to laugh.  The noise shook Ebony’s whole being to the core, it sounded like a thousand bones rattling together somewhere in the darkness. “Its so funny, that you think you can do that.  This is my body, you just happen to be the more dominant of the two of us.” At the same moment, the wall behind her shattered and Ebony pitched forward without the resistance. Mercy grabbed Ebony and rolled over, pinning her to the ground. "Now, since you denied me my meal back at that complex, I guess I will have to just take it from you." Mercy dipped her head down and sank her teeth into Ebony's neck. She froze up when a gush of hot, silvery blood didn't rush over her teeth and fill her mouth.