Sleepless Backflips

"Annabelle! Don't!" I scream as she falls backward off of the roof. My stomach drops as I see her descend. My heart stops as I see my best friend drop to her doom. It is too late. There is nothing I can do to save her. My breath is stuck in my throat as she plummets. I'm screaming in my head but my mouth doesn't dare open. I am praying that she will some how be okay. Everything is in slow motion. It was so stupid to come up here. A twister of regret and anxiety is spinning uncontrollably in my head. The twister only grows stronger as I see Annabelle tuck and do a flip in mid air. Why is she doing this to me?
I finally allow myself to exhale when Annabelle skillfully lands on the trampoline with her blonde ringlets bouncing and a giant smile on her face. Relief washes over me. She didn't die! Thank you Jesus!
"I told you that I could do it!" She screams back with an excited smile.
"Annabelle! That was so not cool!" I scream back mad that she made me so nervous.
"Are you kidding that was amazing!" My brother, Sam, shouts.
"Come on Emily, you have to admit, that was pretty cool." Brenda says with a small smirk. Okay, it was impressive I'll give her that but it was way too dangerous.
"If she missed the trampoline, she could have broken her neck and died!" I explain my fears. I'm confused on how these people are so amused with this dangerous activity. I know, I sound so lame. Honestly, I probably would be a lot more cool about this if it wasn't my brother's insane girlfriend who suggested my best friend to jump off the roof! To be completely honest, Annabelle has done crazier things before and I never acted like this. I think the most unnerving thing is that Nancy was insistent and determined to have Annabelle do a backflip off the roof. I was sure that there was an altierre motive. Nancy, is my brother's girlfriend and she is legitimately crazy. I'm pretty sure she is on pills or something, if not she should be. She is unnecessarily mean and vicious. Nancy is smart and uses it for evil. She is devious, manipulative and conniving. I hate her.
Nancy is the one who dared Annabelle to jump and now she is peering over the edge of the roof with her cold brown eyes. She looks annoyed like she was hopping Annabelle would hurt herself. I am half tempted to push her off. Nancy Breeland is a horrible human being. If there were a villain in my life, she would be it. Every corner I turn she is there sliding out from the shadows. Everytime I try to do something she is always there to steal my thunder. Every person I care about, she finds a way to weasel her way into their life and turns them against me. Okay, to be honest she has only stolen my brother, but that still sucks because that means she has an excuse to be constantly at my house. I am 99 percent sure she is going to try and steal Annabelle and Brenda from me. She has already stole my brother and my parents. Just wait she has my family and she will go after my friends next. That made me sound crazy but I promise I am not the insane one, Nancy is.
"Hey, babe, I'm getting tired. Will you take me home?" Nancy says turning to my brother and looking up at him through her faker than fake eyelashes.
"Sure." He says and they kiss. Gross. It is not just a peck but is verging on making out. They do this all the time. Nancy has no shame. I wish she did because now I have to go wash my eye balls.
"Want to see me do it again?" Annabelle suddenly says beside me. I practically jump out of my skin. I was so busy glaring at the disgusting couple I didn't even notice Annabelle climbing from the attic window.
"Do a front flip this time!" Brenda surprisingly exclaims. When did Brenda get so daring? She has always been the quiet and conservative one in our group but ever since she has been going out with Carter, Nancy's ex-boyfriend and our schools quarterback, Brenda has come out of her shell. Not at all close to Annabelle's level and at a drastic distance from Nancy's, thank goodness.
Annabelle walks up to the side of the roof and for the second time tonight she allows herself to fall. I think it is fair to say she is crazy. She literally jumped off the roof because someone told her to, twice. Annabelle is the good crazy though. She is the one that keeps life interesting. Nancy is the bad kind of crazy, she makes people run in fear. She acts like the cliché cheer captain, rude, self obsessed and fake. What is worse is that she is perfect. She has social grace along with athletic grace which I almost envy. Nancy has fat in all the places society approves of and has long, beautiful, dark brown hair that never sees a bad day. She somehow manages to be in like every organization Quarter High has to offer and maintains good grades. Although I wouldn't put it past her to make a nerdy freshman do her work for her. None the less, it is annoying how she excels in everything. She was the lead in the musical for the past three years and is the main soloist every year in choir. I am only a Sophomore, but I have always known the legend of Nancy Breeland. It is unspoken but everyone knows she rules our high school. I have absolutely no idea why she is our queen. Okay, I know I just made a long list of reasons but she is a terrible person! Her cruel heart cancels out any good quality she could possibly posses. Seriously, she is the worst person I have ever met in my entire life. I don't know who graduated and gave her the crown. Actually, I do. Paige Shepard was the Queen of Quarter High last year. Paige is also Annabelle's sister and is awesome! Although, Paige could be mean if she saw it fit but did it in such a graceful way that you couldn't be mad at her. Like, I remember one summer she held a sleepover at her house for all the incoming freshmen and I was hanging out with Annabelle so I got to see the social hierarchy first hand.
"See my mom got me this skirt from Paris when she flew over there. Everyone in France wears it." Nancy said showing off her new skirt. Trying to make this other girl feel bad for wearing what was obviously hand-me-down clothes.
"Actually I went to France last month with my friend Christina and skirts were totally out but dresses were all the rage. If you guys want to come up to my room, I'll show you all the dresses I got. You can even try some on if you want. Oh, sorry Nancy I don't know if you'll fit in them, French clothes run small, but I'm sure we could find you something." Paige said shutting Nancy up. I have never seen anyone handle Nancy so well. I guess it takes a queen bee to handle a queen bee. Nancy's mom is a flight attendant and travels a lot leaving Nancy alone most of the time. Nancy's dad isn't in the picture and her mom is the only relative I know Nancy to have so I guess that makes since why she is the way she is, but I don't see that as an excuse. She should treat people better. It isn't okay to treat others badly just to make yourself better.
I think the thing that annoys me the most about my brother's crazy girlfriend is that everything Nancy does is for personal gain.
I look behind me and see Sam is still kissing Nancy. Barf. I'm pretty sure Nancy is just dating Sam to torture me. Sam is actually extremely smart, despite his stupid choice in girlfriends. He isn't athletic or cool in any way so I don't see why Nancy is in to him. She goes through guys faster than she can spit insults. Nancy has been with more guys than the layers of make up she wears and trust me she wears a lot. She is more superficial than the Kardashians, so I am surprised that Nancy has stayed faithful to my brother. I mean, at least as far as I know she has been. The one thing that concerns me though, is that he got her too easily. My brother made one move on her at the carnival this summer by wiping gross cupcake icing out of her hair for her. He was being a gentleman and no more. Nancy's history proves that she doesn't date guys like Sam, she dates guys like Carter, so why she gave my brother a chance is beyond me. Of course Sam fell for her spell of a perfect body, and decided to go along with it. I hate him for that. He has to know she didn't actually like him and she has to know that no one could ever like her. I mean who could like some one so hateful?
Nancy and my brother have been going out for as long as Brenda and Carter have. Carter and Brenda are adorable. They are so different but pick up where the other lacks. When Brenda can't find her voice Carter shouts. When Carter looses sight of what is important Brenda paints a picture. She is the calm to his passion. He is the hot to her cool. That's why Brenda and Carter should be together forever. There opposites compensate each other. They have earned their ship name, Brenter. Where as Sam and Nancy can't even function for five minutes. They simply do not work. They are constantly fighting over stupid things, they don't have anything in common and their names can not be combined in a cute way, therefore they need to break up.
Out of the corner of my eye I see that they are stilllll kissing. I roll my eyes. They need to go away before I loose my lunch and Nancy finds it on the designer shirt her mom supposedly got from California.
"Agh I'm cold!" Brenda says as a gush of wind races towards us.
Brenda is always cold, but this time she is right. It is late November meaning that our normal warm nights are ruined by the wind chill. "Yeah, me too. Let's go inside." One by one we climb through the attic window. Brenda, Annabelle and I head to my room while Sam and Nancy, who have finally pulled themselves off of each other are going out to the front yard. I'm assuming they are going to the car so Sam can take her home but like I previously said, she is crazy so who knows. Even in school she has no shame in showing all the drama in her insane relationship. The hallway is where most of it goes down. They are either very publicly making out or yelling at each other like they do in my living room. I don't want to hear or see that so I normally run to my next hour before they can meet up.
Other than Nancy, I like school. Don't get me wrong, I miss summer but I like being surrounded by all my friends. I also get to learn things that I know I would never have the motivation to learn on my own and most of all, I love getting able to stand in front of the class and recite a monologue or perform a skit everyday, in drama class. Carter is actually in my drama class too. He is my only friend in there but sadly I'm not his only a friend so I normally do a monologue so I don't have to pair up with someone I really don't know. Sometimes Carter will do a skit with me but he is popular so he has a bunch of people who want to act with him or be around him in general. People seem to be constantly vying for his attention.
"What do you guys want to do now?" I ask as we walk in the hallway leading to my room.
"I don't know." Brenda answers.
"Let's go make popcorn and watch a movie!" Annabelle excitedly suggests.
"Okay." I say with a shrug.
"I'm good with that." Brenda replies. Annabelle races down the stairs and by the time Brenda and I make it to the base of stairs I can hear her in the pantry. Brenda and I go into the living room and soon the buzz of the microwave and pops of the popcorn kernels fills the downstairs. I grab the remote and start scrolling through the movies on Netflix.
"Let's watch Sleepless!" Brenda says excitedly.
"Oh my gosh! Clark Monáe is so hot!" Annabelle says coming into the living room holding the bowl of popcorn.
"And that accent! I would love just to listen to him talk all day!" Brenda gushes as Annabelle sits in between Brenda and I. I do have to admit Clark is pretty and has an awesome accent I just hate the movie Sleepless. I am a movie snob and enjoy older movies that actually have a plot instead of movies filled with "heart throbs" who rip their shirts off but I am obviously out numbered. Ellie Snow isn't a terrible actress. In fact I think she has talent, but I just don't like the movies she is cast in. I go a head and click the play button because there is no way I will win this fight. Plus, I probably will only have to suffer for thirty minutes. That is about Annabelle's attention span and I know Brenda will fall asleep. I know I won't be getting any sleep. Annabelle never sleeps so I'll be pulling an all nighter.

*~*~**~*~*
Authors Note
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. If you did, no worries there are many more to come! My goal is to release a chapter every week. Be on look out for a new chapter every Tuesday!