42

HARRY

It was all a blur.

Emotions were heavy the moment I had stepped into the kitchen, but only escalated the longer I stayed. I had felt my temper rise with each explanation. I tried to settle it - I really did, but everything that they said, everything that they told me, did nothing but further my rising anger.

My family is at risk and I'm going to do everything I fucking can to keep her safe.

The scared look that hung heavily behind Isabella's hazel eyes is the reason why I'm here. She could try her damnedest to convince me that she wasn't scared, but I know better. I know her better than anyone.

-

"What are you going to do, Harry? We don't know what this guy is capable of. Besides - we don't know for sure if he's the one my dad is working with," she tried to reason with me. Her hands held onto my own, and with each word she squeezed them tight.

"I know for a fact that it's him. Unless you think it's Maddie, there's nobody else with the intials M.S. that would be out to kill me." A shiver ran through my spine. It felt surreal that this was happening. That he was the reason for my death sentence, and the reason my girl was shaking in my arms. "I'll sort it out."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know yet," which I could tell scares her the most. Going into this blindly is setting me up for trouble.

"We'll go with you guys," Jaz piped in. I fixed her with a stare that earned a step back in response. She quickly stood her ground in retort, and glared back. "I'm not going to let you leave out of this house and do god-knows what. Both of you. You're not only doing this for yourself. Anything that happens - positive or not, will effect not only you, Harry, but all of us too. We're coming."

"No. Fuck no," I shook my head with added effect. "There's no way in hell I'm letting you anywhere near that bastard. Who know's what he'll do once he see's both of you there. This isn't some playground fight that you have with your mates."

"Babe, he has a point. You're not coming with us," added Ben. I looked over at him, nodding firmly in acknowledgement.

"Harry, please... I should be there. Maybe if he see's me... I don't know... he's working with my dad-"

"Which is exactly why I'm not letting you go. Knowing your dad, he won't hesitate to kill us both - he's that fucked. I'm not going to risk losing you again. Not now. Not when I just got you back. You're safer staying here."

Isabella opened her mouth to protest, but before the words could leave her lips, she was rushing towards the bathroom.

I heard her wretch into the toilet- a sound that caused goosebumps to flair against my neck. Without hesitation, I rushed after her.

Isabella was crouched in front of the toilet bowl, her hands held tight to the rim. Dark hair sticked to the back of her neck, evidence of her perspiring body. When her body jolted once more to release another round, I wrapped my arms around her and held her to me, whispering words of comfort.

"It'll be okay. You're fine," I whispered against her hair. I cringed at the sound of her dry heaving. "It's okay baby. Let it out."

Once she was done, her body slumped against my chest. Leaning over to the side, I wiped her mouth and the few tears that ran down her cheek with a tissue. "Okay?"

"Yeah," she sighed.

"Did you eat something that made you sick?"

"Probably," she mumbled quietly. There was something strangely off with the way that her body tensed at the innocent question, but I didn't bother to push her. It was probably just something she ate.