28

The road ahead of us is gonna turn and shake. We're a second closer to the next big mistake.
But as long as I'm with you I'm gonna be okay. Oh, all I need is you, everything else can wait.

Everything - Kaptan

HARRY

Every inch... every fibre of my innermost being was filled with indescribable rage and irritation. It had seeped into my system and rushed through to my bloodstream. I could feel it pulse through me like a second heartbeat. I could feel every piece of my body remain tense. My mind kept shouting at me - yelling to do something. The blood that dripped slowly from my lip did nothing to ease my frustrations.

My breathing is heavy. Sweat dribbles down my neck. Voices can be heard around me, but I'm too focused on keeping myself calm. I had to stay calm. There was no point in doing anything more.

"Lets go Chase. You need to sober up. I don't want anymore fighting..."

"... gerroff me... m'not drunk... very, very sober..."

I watch as Mark pulls Chase away. I watch as he struggles under his grip, slurring a slew of profanities, claiming in a roar that he is in fact, "Not drunk." The fury that courses through me doesn't seem to lighten up. It feels like a boulder on my shoulders, crushing me down into the deepest pits of the earth. I deeply breath in and exhale it slowly.

A hand touches my shoulder causing my body to tense up once more. My initial reaction is to brush it off but I don't. The subtle whiff of rose perfume catches me off guard. It's Isabella. I instantly allow my body to relax under her touch. She gives it a very soft squeeze, telling me in her gentle voice that we'll go back to the rooms.

I let her lead me out of the reception hall and back to her guest room. I don't fight it. There was no point in arguing. My mind was shouting at me. It screamed to go and find Chase... to beat the piece of shit... but I couldn't. I wouldn't. There was no point. I knew that it would only cause more of an issue and that was something I was trying to avoid.

The walk back was quiet. There's an erie silence looming over us. It felt heavy... suffocating. The playful mood that was once there was gone. Chase ruined it with his drunken arrogance and chaotic rage. She doesn't say a word as her tiny hand gips my wrist. I can feel the subtle quiver of her hands. An anxious tremble that didn't go unnoticed.

I watch quietly as she unlocks the door. Izzy leads me to the bed, pushing me downwards. I take a seat and watch her move around the room. Her frazzled disposition is unnerving. I hate seeing her this way. I hate that I was the cause of this - even though I wasn't the one to start it. I was the cause of Chase's drunken outburst and that was enough to put me on edge.

"Um, maybe we should move to the bathroom. I don't want to get blood everywhere," softly she speaks up. I nodded and followed her in. She smiled but it was barely there.

I don't say anything and take a seat on the closed toilet seat. I watch as she takes out the complimentary first aid kit. She moves quietly. Her hand delicate as she moves a wet cloth over my swollen lip. My body flinches - the antiseptic stinging.

"Sorry," she mumbles quietly.

Without a word, I take her free hand in mine giving it a gentle squeeze. She pauses, once more whispering a quick, "Sorry."

"Don't," I mumble. A bit of the ointment gets into my mouth causing me to cringe. She lets out a breathless laugh. "Don't say it -"

"Sorry," she giggles.

I rolled my eyes at her constant string of apologies. If anything, I should be the one to apologize time and time again. I was the one who constantly got us into these positions. It wasn't intentional, but regardless, we were always sent here.