Epilogue

Rachel's p.o.v.

"You look amazing in that cap and gown," I heard Anthony say while I was looking at myself in the mirror.

"I can't believe this year went by so fast," I said, "it's kind of sad."

"Yeah, it is," I heard my mom say from behind my back, "I can't believe I missed you saying yes to your very first boyfriend.

I laughed, "what took you so long to get back?"

"Well, the couple was very picky, I missed my flight, the weather was bad, and I had to collect my money."

"Hi Ms. Black," Anthony said awkwardly, I laughed and gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

"Hi Anthony, are you excited for graduation?"

I saw him shrug, "eh, I'm still worried about college, I'm afraid that Rachel is going to go to an amazing university, and then I'll just be somewhere," I saw Mr. Lawrence and Joan walk into the room.

"You'll be fine Anthony, don't stress."

"Will you still be able to help me with my homework," Joan asked me.

"I'll try, are you excited that you'll be in eighth grade next year," I asked Joan.

"Eh," was all I got.

I heard the door slam open and Miss Smith walked in, "guys, you need to get lined up, graduation is about to start," she rushed me and Anthony to where we needed to get lined up, we were pretty far apart since my last name started with H and hisstarted with L, but we kept looking at each other and laughing.

"Are you excited," I heard a voice say from behind me, I turned around to see who it was, it was a girl that I didn't really talk to much, I just knew her name was Chloe.

"Yeah, but I'm also kind of nervous," I replied.

"Same here," she went quiet as Pomp and Circumstance started to play. We all walked in one by one to take our seats in an orderly type fashion.

Once everybody was sitting down the principal went up to the podium, "Thank you everyone for coming, I have spent four years with these wonderful students, it's weird how time just flies by so fast," this went on for about another ten minutes and then they called up the top students to give their speeches and then they finally start to call names, "Brent Allen, Katy Amille, Lillian Baskin," this went on for what felt like forever, "Malik Gull, Michelle Halley," I watched her get up and walk to the podium to grab her diploma, I'm next, "Rachel Hayden," I chuckled to myself, that sounds so weird, I got up, walked to the stage, and grabbed my diploma and then I stood there and waited.

Five minutes later...
Anthony's p.o.v.

I can't wait for them to call my name, "Lukas Keeton," it's almost my turn, "Toby Keeton," the twins have been called, two more people, and then it's me, "Camille Kinnidy," I looked around and then I looked at Ray, right beside me, you got this buddy, "Ray Kullen," he got up and as he was walking he looked at me and mouthed, congratulations, I anxiously waited for him to get the crowd and then I heard my name, "Anthony Lawrence," I got up and walked up to the podium to accept my diploma, and then I stood there and waited.

10 minutes later...

"And these are our 2016 graduates, congratulations to all of you, it has been a wonderful four years with each and every one of you, congratulations," I walked over to Rachel and we smiled at each other. One of the students went up to the podium and shouted, "5,4,3,2,1," and then we all cheered and threw our graduation caps in the air.

"This has been the best year of my life," I heard Rachel whisper in my ear.

"Same here," I replied to her.

"What's this," I heard her ask as she unrolled her diploma, I saw what she was talking about, it was a letter that had fallen to the floor.

I leaned down to pick it up, "open it and see," I stood there and watched her open it up and I realized, "it's one of those letters we wrote to our future selves, let me get mine," I pulled the envelope out of the diploma and opened it up.

"This is amazing," I heard her say, "I've changed a lot," I finished reading mine and then I walked over to her, put my arms around her and we stood there for what felt like eternity.

"I can't wait to see what the future holds for us."