"I love you," I whispered as he leaned his forehead against mine.

***

It was nighttime. The moonlight filled our dark room from the floor to ceiling glass windows. We were in bed. My hair was sprawled against the pillow, the sheets covering his lower back as Max was hovered over me, his hand caressing my cheek. He leaned down and kissed me. Our lips moved in sync. Our bodies hummed in ecstasy. The only audible noise between us was our heavy breathing. Max moved his lips, nipping his way from the hallow of my throat to my collarbone. His lips made their way up again, reaching my earlobe as his hands memorized every curve and aspect of my body. He already knew it but this time he was worshipping my body with his more than the last time.

He was taking things slow, the anticipation adding eroticism to his moves. One of my hands rested on his hip while the other played with the ends of his brown hair at his nape. Deep blue eyes and dark green-hazel eyes admired each other.

Max had been reluctant, afraid he would harm the baby or poke it. I laughed so hard at his fear, my belly was already hurting by the time I settled into giggles. I had been reluctant about it too since he was still healing but not as much as he was. Max wasn't as amused by his words as I had been, genuine worry had overtaken his features. I assured him nothing would happen and that he wouldn't poke the baby, laughing again. It was cute and adorable to see him so full of want yet afraid. I ended up apologizing between a giggle fit after he glared at me.

After assuring him several times - even offering to google it to prove my words - Max gave in to his desires. And mine. I wanted him as much as he wanted me. I always did. Although, I had told Max no harm was going to be done, he was still more gentle than usual. I wasn't complaining though. His slow moves were killing every fiber of my being with pleasure. He planted kisses all over my body as he pleasured me and himself into oblivion.

My eyes closed as I tried to keep myself grounded on Earth while I held him. I sighed in contentment as we both came back. I smiled at him, both of my hands around his neck now. I brought one to his jaw as I pecked his nose.

We held each other for the rest of the night tangled with each other's limbs. Our bodies covered with a thin sheet of sweat, smelling like each other.

*** Max's POV ***

I paced the room as I ran a hand through my hair, anger almost fleeting through my pores. Thank God Mia was napping otherwise I wouldn't have been able to control my voice in front of her and I sure didn't want to yell in her presence.

"I don't want you upsetting her! Don't you fucking get it, Ava? Your behavior is going to end up costing you your job and I won't have pity."

I had decided to discuss this matter with Ava as soon as possible and this was the perfect opportunity since Ella was at work and I had to call the offices of Wilde Productions since I hadn't returnet yet. This hadn't been her first move on me. I had endured many but if she kept this, her behavior could end up costing me my relationship with Ella. And I sure as hell wasn't going to give that up.

"It isn't my fault she can't handle other women feeling attracted to you. It's human nature for God's sake, Max" Ava replied, the loathing in her voice was unmistakable.

"It isn't about the damn attraction. It is about you determined to have someone who is already taken despite the rejections I've given you." I tried sounding more calm - afraid of waking up Mia - but my voice still sounded exasperated.

"Just because she had your child doesn't mean you have to be with her. You can be with other women, Max. It doesn't have to be her forever" Her voice was nonchalant this time which ended up infuriating me more.

"It's not any of your fucking damn business what my intentions are when it comes to Ella's relationship with me! It's more than just a child between us, Ava!" As I yelled the last sentence, I heard Mia starting to cry. My voice had probably startled and scared her. "I have to go" I said, giving no further explanation.

"This isn't over, Max" I was confused by her words as I hung up. I should have the one to have spoken them not her. I decided not to dwell much on the thought since Mia's cries were turning more insistent.

I threw my phone to the mattress and headed to Mia's room. I approached her crib and took her into my arms, giving Mia her pacifier to calm her down.

Ava was pushing my buttons to no end. Her behavior could soon turn into harassment as she became more determined. She didn't accept no as an answer and receiving it from me had probably injured her ego. If she was ready to fight, then I was ready to fight back. I had promised Ella I wasn't leaving but just because I said I wasn't didn't mean Ella couldn't leave. However, I wouldn't allow that. Ava's obsession wasn't going to drift us apart, no matter what.