Five

The next day he got himself ready to drive to Shine Bright Housekeeping to pay for their service.

He parked his vehicle in the parking lot provided for the Shine Bright clients. Then he went straight to the office.

Shine Bright has been in the operation for over twenty years so they already have their own building. The first floor is the office. The second floor is the training center. The third floor is the housekeeper's quarters. And the fourth is the function room. This is for the gathering like Christmas party. Birthdays or anything they want to celebrate.

He pressed the door bell and the glass door clicked the indication that he can enter. He pushed the door and let himself in.
The secretary greeted him.

"Good morning Mr. Carvalho!" Greeted Olga in her usual happy greeting.

"Good morning too. I came here to pay my due. How much is it?"

The secretary looked at him in that confused look. Puzzled. Like she doesn't know about the transaction he made with Mrs. Ferreira. But then she manages to smile and asked him to take a seat.

"Have a seat please Mr. Carvalho I'll check how much is your due." She said and start tapping her fingers on the keyboard.

He sat down.

"Do you know if Aurora is available today?" He asked the secretary.

"I'm not sure yet Mr. Carvalho. She's been sick for three days, and according to her husband, she's resting right now. I haven't got a call yet since the day her husband informed us that she's sick and couldn't work. I'm sure her husband won't allow her to work for awhile." The secretary's explanations.

"Wait a minute there. I've got confused here. Because the Aurora that I saw yesterday doesn't look like sick, maybe she looks tired but not sick. Because if she's sick how could she manage to clean my house in three days? And you said she's married? " He asked confused. Disbelief laced in his voice.

Even Olga's face couldn't hide a confusion too.

"Yes, Mr. Carvalho. The Aurora I know is married. Her husband told us that he suspected that Aurora is pregnant with their second child." She paused. Then continued. "Okay, I'll call her, if you don't believe me."
And dialed Aurora's number.
He's curious too so he just waits what will Aurora gonna say.

After a few rings. Someone picked up the call. It's a man's voice, that would be her husband. The secretary put in a speaker phone. He can't believe that she's married. Then after a second, it's replaced by a woman's voice he didn't recognize. She said that she might not be able to continue working in her condition not until she gave birth to her second child if her husband allows her. She will call Mrs. Ferreira later to let the kind woman knows about her situation.

When the conversation between the secretary and Aurora has ended. He asked the secretary.

"Who's that woman I saw in my house yesterday then? Are you sure no other Aurora working here? "

The secretary looked straight to his eyes.

"I've no idea, Mr. Carvalho. Mrs. Ferreira never mentioned that you have called and booked for the service. She's the only one who can give you the information you needed. But as of now she hasn't back yet from her trip. If you could tell me how's the woman looks like maybe I could try to identify her."

He stood up and said ..."Can you stand up, I want to estimate how tall is she." Olga stood up. " She's a bit taller than you maybe by three inches. She has pale blue eyes with a shade of purple. She has a dark hair. Slim body. Actually, I thought that she's not the housekeeper." He told her.

"It couldn't be." She said, actually more on talking to herself.

"Do you know her?" He asked.

"She couldn't be but the only person I know that matches your description isn't one of the housekeepers. She's Mrs. Ferreira's niece, she just came for vacation. So that's impossible. I'll ask Mrs. Ferreira when she comes back." Shaking her head while saying these words. Briar won't do the job she said in her mind.

"She said she will be here before seven. So anyone came here last night?" He asked

"No. No one came here last night before seven. I left this place around eight." She replied.

After he paid his dues he went back to his house. His friends will be there in no time.