Shadowlands(Feat.Mgh0322)

Shadowlands: Walt Disney World

Lost Disney Attentions

{To avoid confusion, guest's conversation will be bolded}

Hey, guess who!? It's the fairy godmother of Forgotten Disney. But wait theirs more. We have a guest!

Okay Introducing: The fabulous, stylish, and Disney-ish @Mgh0322

That's the ticket. Now Mgh, do you like villians?

Who doesn't? They bring characters and exactly what a story needs.

It's like pp&j! Now imagine this, you're in Disney World and you "accidentally" walk into a dark and scary world, full of Disney villains: what would you do?

Oh my, hmm I would definitely go meet some villains and tour the area. That would definitely be an experience of a life time.

Good point. But that's what you WOULD do if Disney did plan to make it. How about you start this off.

Well Disney Villains have always been on the outside. They aren't as popular as the princess' and if they had there own place that would be practically perfect in every way. I mean, they get one night a year. Dedicated to themselves and every other night good rules.

You mean Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Fantastic?

Along with Villains night. It just seems like they are degraded from their 'awesomeness'

You're right. In fact, a few years ago Disney considered giving the Villains their own theme park.

Really!? That's amazing! But why did they never make it?

In my opinion, I think money, land owning and probably massive Construction. The section would have been located directly behind Tomorrowland.

True, true. But if it was budget or land they could have built it in place of the big Star Wars and Toy story land in the world or around the parks. I mean was there anything holding them back from being able to do this?

In contrast to The Magic Kingdom, Dark Kingdom not only was to have had attractions based on Captain Hook, Ursula, and other Disney villains, but its own iconic symbol. The Park's centerpiece was to have been Maleficent's castle.

That explains the space issue along with the money the rides definitely would have been interesting like if they were in the villains POV as the others are In the heroes.

Huh, you do have a point. Then I guest it would be popularity. Like Star Wars.

True. Do you know what type of rides would be their?

If I'm correct it would have some spectacular thrill rides and attractions, but with the recent acquisition of Marvel this park may just be too far in the abyss. One of the reported attractions was to have been an Ursula the Sea Witch ride, which would have been a 'spinner' ride similar to Dumbo. Another would have been a villain attraction was Bald Mountain or Villain Mountain. It was to be either a log flume ride or rollercoaster on the former 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction site.

Those are all interesting rides but were they all just reboots of older rides?

Seems like they were. I can see why they didn't go with the plan. Disappointed really, but who knows. So, let's wrap this up and sign out.

Okay! Well, this has been a blast. I really wish Disney would rethink their decision.

Yep, let's all hope. Thanks for being here MGH0322 and always be a D.R.E.A.M. (Disney Rules Everything Around Me)

Of course, thanks for having me.

Source: http://www.wdwinfo.com/columns/walt-disney-world-never-built.cfm and with the help from Mgh0322