Behind the Magic

Behind the Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 78th Anniversary 

"Behind the Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" explores the moment where folklore met filmmaking. With dynamic visuals including clips from the 1937 movie, film and audio recordings, and snapshots from Disney's own personal archive, the special creatively showcases how the team at Disney stayed true to the message of the original story while tackling the creative and technical challenges of putting this humble fairy tale on the silver screen, creating history."

To welcome the film's return from the Disney vault, ABC will air the new Behind the Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on December 13, at 8 p.m. Narrated by Ginnifer Goodwin (who plays Snow White on ABC's Once Upon a Time series), the one-hour special will spotlight appearances by John Lasseter, Richard Sherman, Jennifer Lee, Chris Buck, Byron Howard, Alan Menken, Eric Goldberg, and Mark Henn, as well as some of the original talent from the 1937 film, and historians/experts from the Walt Disney Animation Research Library, Walt Disney Archives, and beyond.

The documentary tells how Walt Disney risked everything to make his first feature-length animated project and how it ultimately revolutionized the industry.

The special also features live action moments based on the original tale, shot with dramatic special effects treatments, as well as some cut scenes and characters from the animated film, uniquely transporting viewers to the making of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The hour also explores how Walt Disney was possessed with making the film – leveraging everything, including his relationships and reputation, as well as mortgaging his home, smack dab in the middle of the Great Depression.

Hope y'all like it and hope you will be able to see it. I know I can't. *tear*