The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 14

En başından başla

            One of the blonds had a dirty shade of hair, plain face, and a few freckles. Her armor was torn, battle worn, and plain. She seemed of little importance, but the blond who stood in front and stared at Starlyn, she seemed special. Her armor was made of pearl and diamond and sparkled whiter than anything Starlyn had ever seen. She wore white chain mail that covered her entire body and a white silk jacket. It looked like she was the queen of them all; with such beauty that even Starlyn lusted for her.  Her face was toned and tanned and seemed to consist of such elements to heighten her features.

            She smiled at Starlyn and it made her heart cave that someone with such a beautiful smile would smile upon her. The goddess turned away and looked at the lone brunette staring into the darkness. “Evangeline, you may have him now. Do be quiet, as I must speak with the elf.”

            “Yes my lady.” Evangeline bowed.

            Starlyn could hear the calls of protest from the dark and pitied the man. It was true that men were savages when it came to the art of lovemaking, but they were using him dry, and when he couldn’t produce anymore… Starlyn shook her head. The thoughts were overwhelming that these women could be so cruel.

            She started to wonder where Charlotte and Snowflake were and hoped that they were alright. She couldn’t bear it if these Amazons found them. It made her queasy just thinking about it.

            “How is it that an elf found her way into my territory?” The goddess asked staring blankly at Starlyn.

            “I am merely passing through.” Starlyn answered.

            Anger filled the eyes of the goddess and she pulled a whip from her side. Faster than any movement from a human that Starlyn had ever seen the whip slashed across Starlyn’s face. The sting was unbearable and stung worse than anything she’d ever experienced. It felt like it was laced with poison as her entire face felt like it was burning.

            “Do you know who I am? I am Lady Divinity; you will address me as such!” She yelled.

            Shock filled Starlyn as she stared at her noticing her whip twitching and rising back up. “I am truly sorry… my lady.”

            Divinity’s hard red eyes began to calm and turned back into an ocean blue making her seem lovely again. Her hair fluttered around her as if there was wind yet the air was stale. She walked closer to Starlyn and tilted her chin up to look into her eyes.

            “You are sick… I thought elves didn’t get sick.” Divinity said.

            “It is rare… my lady.” Starlyn said.

            Starlyn heard slight moans in the distance coming from Evangeline which echoed in the rock and steel room. She noticed she hadn’t heard a peep out of Frederick and wondered if he died or passed out if Evangeline would even stop. She was there for one need only, and it wasn’t pleasure.

            Divinity noticed Starlyn’s attention and turned to look into the darkness. She smiled as she touched a finger in the air which sent magic that lit up the bodies of Evangeline and Frederick. Frederick was still, almost motionless, lying down while Evangeline was on top of him. She still wore all of her clothes and frantically moved up and down on Frederick.

            “Do you not agree with our… customs… elf?” Divinity asked.

            “I do not understand it, my lady.” Starlyn responded.

            “Men are weak minded. They have strong bodies, but they are weak minded and easily corrupted. We find the strong ones and bring them here so we can reproduce the strongest females. We are better thinkers, better fighters, and all around better than the man.” Divinity smiled.

            “Yet… you still need them, my lady.” Starlyn said.

            “Yes… it is unfortunate. It is a shame we cannot reproduce amongst ourselves.” Divinity whispered.

            “What do you want with me, my lady?” Starlyn asked.

            “An heir.” Divinity stated.

            Starlyn stared at her in disbelief. She meant to kidnap her and force a man upon her solely because she wanted an heir to her kingdom. She wanted someone who could rule for eternity which would ultimately lead to a takeover. A world ran by women with men as their slaves. It was an unimaginable fate. 

            “It cannot be done. Elves aren’t meant to reproduce with other species… my lady.” Starlyn croaked.

            “Ah… but only because it’s never been done. You are going to be our first test.” Divinity said.

            “I am sick… weak… you must let me go. I am seeking a cure.” Starlyn pleaded.

            Divinity’s eyes turned scarlet again and her whip slashed at Starlyn’s cheek. This time it was slightly above the last mark but still close and both burned with such intensity that Starlyn began to pass out.

            “Not anymore, and you will learn to show me respect.” Divinity said.

Starlyn saw the three amazons walk away followed by the fourth who climbed off of an unconscious Frederick. She smiled into the dark holding her belly before following her lady out of the room. It was the last thing Starlyn saw before she faded into a deep sleep.