Chapter 1

I felt myself slowly falling asleep as I listened to the teacher stand at the front of the class and drone on about fractions. School is what I would describe hell to be like, it's like a stone prison but I think I would rather be in an actual prison. I watched the clock on the wall go round and round waiting for the bell to finally ring for lunch. Maths was never my best subject and I was never going to be better at it so why even try. After what seemed like an eternity the bell rang out and I waited until everyone else had left. All my life I've been invisible to anyone and everyone, for some people that would be horrible but I've grown to love it. I'm not a target for bullies and I don't have to worry about anyone starting on me. I put my backpack on my back and headed out in to the corridor where I blended in with the crowd like a cameleon. People bumped in to me but never noticing that I was there which is what I had become used to. I walked in to the cafeteria and sat at my usual table in the far corner. I got my lunch out of my bag and my books and started to study. People rushed past me in groups giggling whilst I sat alone. It was times like this that I wished I had a friend.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and went back to my studying. There was plenty of time to get a friend but right now I wanted to focus on my grades and get a good life for myself. I was reading the pages of my textbook when someone banged in to my table causing me to spill my drink over my textbook.

"Hey what it" I yelled getting up and trying my best to dry out the textbook.

"Oh my God I'm sorry" the deep voice said as they helped me.

I looked up to see a tall blonde haired boy and I knew exactly who it was. Kim Namjoon, he's a part of the popular group at this school. We dried the textbook out and out put the empty drink bottle in to the bin. He stood next to me looking down at me.

"I am sorry" he said to me.

"Honestly it's okay Namjoon" I said to him.

"You know my name?" He asked sounding slightly confused.

"Doesn't everyone" I said to him.

"I guess everyone does. I'm sorry I don't know your name"

"It's okay. I'm pretty much a shadow in this place. I'm not much"

He gave me a small smile.

"What's your name?"

"April Brady" I said to him.

"I like your name" he said to me.

I felt myself blush and I looked away from him.

"Well thank you for helping me clean up my books. See you around" I said as I walked away from him and went back to my table.

He gave me a smile and went back to his own table where his friends were waiting. I never realised how cute that boy was before until now. He had adorable brown eyes and a dimple in his cheek that appeared when he smiled. But it didn't matter because I was never going to see him again.

Namjoon POV

I sat down at the table next to Jin and Jimin who were yelling about someone stealing food off their plates. As much as I wanted to ask what was going on I was thinking of April. She was so shy and quiet but something about her made me want to get her more. Her long brown hair covered her face partially but I was still able to see her beautiful blue eyes. I didn't mean to walk in to her table and knock over her drink but I was happy I did. I looked over and saw her looking over her books, she looked so cute but why didn't she have any friends? She said she was a shadow. What did that mean? My thoughts were interrupted by Jin slapping my shoulder.

"Hey Namjoon. You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah just thinking" I answered.

"Really? Because you've been staring at that girl over there" he said motioning over to April.

"Was I that obvious?"

"You may as well stand up and yell at her" he said to me.

I rolled my eyes and glanced over at April who was now packing up her stuff and getting ready for class. I wondered if she ever felt lonely since she sat alone a lot.

"Who is she?" He asked me.

"Her names April Brady" I answered. 

"I recognise her from Biology. She's really quiet and keeps to herself" he said to me.

"Yeah she looks shy" I said.

The bell rang out and we all got up and made our way to our classes. I tried to think about if I had any classes with April and why hadn't I noticed her at all. I walked in to history and seen her in the back corner. She was sitting alone and her covered most of her face, I looked around and noticed that no one went over to speak to her. I walked over and sat down in the seat next to her, she jumped at the sight of me.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"Sitting down for class" I said turning to her and putting my arm on her chair.

I gave her a smirk that usually made girls fall for me but she seemed unaffected by it. This girl was different from any other girl and it made my heart skip a beat. 

"But you usually sit over there next to the group of girls that follow you guys around like a swarm of flies" she said.

"Yeah well I wanted to talk to you more. Is that okay?"

"Do you always get what you want?" She asked me.

"Usually I do" I said to her.

She gave me a smirk and then started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Fine you can sit here if you wish"

"Good because I wasn't planning on moving anytime soon" I said smiling at her.

I saw a small blush appear in her cheeks and I knew I was getting through to her. But this was going to take time, she wasn't easily swoon like the other girls, she required work and I was willing to put in the work. Our teacher walked in and began the lesson by talking about World War I but I couldn't concentrate. I found myself glancing over at her but she didn't do the same. She was completely engrossed in the lesson and listened to the teachers every word like her life depended on it.  I admired that about her, we had that in common. I love to learn new things but right now all I wanted to learn was how to get through to April and make her fall for me. I breathed in and sighed to myself.

You are Kim Namjoon I thought. Why does this girl have such an affect on you and why do you want to know so much about her.

In a flash, the class ended and we packed our stuff and left the classroom. I turned to her and smiled.

"If it's okay with you, I would like to sit next to you from now on"

"You sure? Those girls seemed very heartbroken that you moved" she said to me smirking.

"Yes I'm sure. I like sitting next to you"

"Well I guess you could" she muttered.

I felt overwhelming joy come over me. I will get to know her and I will make her fall for me. I mean how could you not.