Chapter 10: I'm afraid of the dark.

Start from the beginning

With her free hand, Crimson reach for the glass of water her father was holding. She forced a smile towards them. “I just want to go back to sleep.”

“Fine pumpkin, but if you need any of us. You could call us anytime.” Her father said, kissing her head.

While Zachary was staring her for a long time, he finally said. “If you change your mind, you could still sleep beside me.”

After what seems like a long time of reassuring her family, she was finally left alone. Lying on her bed, she just stare at the ceiling, making her breathing a little even knowing her family was still keeping an eye on her. It’s not like their eyes are here, actually it’s a wolf stuff.

Crimson turn around, facing her window. She’s afraid to close her eyes again and return with her nightmares. It felt so real, his voice, his hands on her body, and the darkness.

She’s not really a fan of darkness, she hate it. They can call her coward, but she’s not going to sleep without any light. Hence the use of her night light.

She breathe deeply, watching the shadows playing outside her window. But something caught her eyes. Her eyes wide with fear, she immediately crawl out of her bed, and yet something is stopping her from screaming.

“Crimson.”

Sebastian was about to climb her window when he heard someone burst from her room, feet shuffling on the floor and movements on the bed. It would be too weird if he show up, knocking on her window while her brother and father is inside.

He walked a little far away from the house, knowing that if he was near it will alert the people inside, giving a bad impression if he were caught. For now he will wait patiently, while he listen to the worried voice of her brother and father.

What could it be? 

Her scream scared the hell out of him, it was like someone is torturing her inside. The feel of her rapid heartbeat, the shallow of her breathing and the fear that reeks from her.

How can someone be scared like that in a dream?

After a while, he finally heard the door being closed and the retreating footsteps. Making sure that she was the only one in the room, Sebastian carefully climb the tree that connects with her little balcony.

Tapping her window, he heard her panic breathing.

“Crimson.” He whispered.

After a long silence a sound of click came from inside, the sliding window slowly open. Revealing the pale face of Crimson.

“Sebastian?” she asked. Her head tilted to the side, even with the confusion written in her face, he could still see the panic in her eyes.

When he didn’t say anything, she continue. “You shouldn’t be here.”

“I heard you scream.” Sebastian said, like he didn’t hear her talk. “Can I come in?”

When she didn’t move, still unsure if it is a good choice to allow him to come inside her room. “Please.”

For a minute she looked behind her and when her eyes return to him she nodded. She move a little allowing him to enter her room.

Sebastian saw her bed was next to her window, he left his shoes on her balcony. When he was inside her scent immediately engulfs him. He sat down on her small bed, his eyes roam around her room, it has all the essential she needed. Simple yet warm.