Chapter 34-Crossover (Colin's perspective/two parts)

Colin’s perspective-

The rain was coming down so heavily that my clothes were soaked and water was dripping from my face and yet I kept on walking through the quiet town not knowing why the heck I thought that I could find her.

Since I didn’t have a clue where she could have gone I had text Liam and he had told me where their father had lived but really she could have been anywhere! I knew that it was stupid, maybe pointless trying to find her but it was my fault that she left and I just had to tell her the truth about what happened. If she listened to me and then went anyway then fine, I wouldn’t stop her. I just had to explain.

Up ahead I saw a lamppost which had a poster attached to it and when I got close enough I could see that it read:  Last concert of summer! 29th August!

This was the only thing that I had which was close to a sign since I had left the house yesterday and since things couldn’t get much worse I followed the directions on the post until I saw the open door of the concert building.

The volume of the music doubled when I pushed open the door and I was soon lost in the crowd of people who were all singing and cheering along to the music. I started to push through the crowd looking for her and when I couldn’t see her anywhere I started asking people, “Hi, have you seen this girl?” I probably sounded crazy and like a stalker but I really didn’t know what else to do. No-one paid much attention to me; they were too involved with watching the performance onstage, but I repeated myself one more time to a girl with straight blonde hair, about my age. She drew her eyes away from the entertainment for a second to look at the picture on my phone and then she raised her eyebrows at me and asked, “You kidding right?” Then she nodded to the stage.

I turned, frowning, to look at the stage and there she was. Kat was preforming in front of people? She never did that and yet here she was singing to a whole crowd of people at a club!

“But you make me want to act like a girl, paint my nails and wear perfume, for you make me so nervous and I just can’t hold your hand…

You make me glow, but I cover up, won’t let it show, so I’m putting’ my defences up, ‘cause I don’t want to fall in love, if I ever did that, I think I’d have a heart attack.”

After thanking the girl I moved to the back of the hall so Kat couldn’t see me as well and I leaned against the wall as the song drew to a close.

When she announced the next song I nearly left right then. I didn’t want to hear her singing that song, knowing that I was the reason that she chose it… That song was one which I had listened to so many times and yet only now did I really understand the lyrics. Every single word that she sang was full of emotion and it cut through me like a knife and when it got to the chorus I stood up and walked out of the concert and into the freezing rain. At least if I just went home I couldn’t cause her anymore pain.

Kat-

It was amazing. The flashing lights, the chanting of the crowd, the pounding beat of the music.

I’d already sung the first song and now I was about to sing the second.

“The next song which I am going to sing is kind of…well…let’s just say relevant, I hope that you enjoy it.”

This song was the one which I was most nervous about singing because of the meaning behind it and I felt like any moment I might run off the stage and never go back.

“First, you think the worst is a broken heart, what’s going to kill you is the second part, and the third is when your world splits down the middle and forth you’re going to think that you fixed yourself, fifth you see them out with someone else and the sixth-“

The backing music kept going but I stopped singing the words. I watched in disbelieve as the familiar boy with brown hair and brown eyes-the boy which I thought was at home- walked out of the exit. The manager and his nephew were both signalling for me to carry on, the crowd seemed to be moving in slow motion and questions were multiplying in my head: “Why was he here?”, “How did he find me?”, “What should I do?”

If I didn’t go after him then I would never know. This was my only change to perform on stage and yet I couldn’t just watch as he walked away! I ran down the stairs of the stage and handed the microphone to the manager.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised. Then I sprinted to the outside door and into the dark night.

“Colin?” I called, rain flying in my face like a cold slap. “Colin!” I yelled again.

“He just went that way, come with us and we’ll show you.”  I jumped as a groups of boys appeared and came towards me.

“Um no thanks, I’m not that stupid.” I stated.

“I see you have more cheek then I thought you had.” One of the three said, it was hard to see their faces in the dim light of the streetlamps but he reminded me a bit of the Child catcher.

“Colin, right? He’s just over there.” The boy said, pointing to my left were all I could see was darkness.

“You just heard me calling him! Besides I’ve had enough trouble to last a lifetime so thanks but no thanks.” I snapped, taking a step backwards.

“Come on.” He lured, grabbing me wrist.

“No!” I yelled, yanking my arm back and stumbling backwards onto the road.

In the corner of my eye I saw a flash of colour. My head flicked sideways and I saw Colin disappearing around the corner of the road to my right.

“Colin wait-“

I didn’t finish my sentence because suddenly there was a flash of headlights, yelling and then something slammed into the left hand side of my body, throwing my towards the floor. All I remember was hearing a crack as my head hit the hard concrete.

____________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone, yet again, I hope that you're all having a great day!

So the first thing is: 15,000?? This is crazy! Thank you so much for reading!

Second thing: I didn't realize that I hadn't replied to some of your  comments and so I went through each chapter and replied so now everyone who has commented on this story should have a reply :-)

Third thing: I can tell that the grammar and punctuation in this chapter is not very good at all but I am hoping to send it to my editor tomorrow so hopefully it will be ok after that (I may rewrite this chapter).

This brings me onto my last point....HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Lost_inFairyTales ! I hope that you have a great birthday :-D

So thanks once again for reading, I hope that you enjoy this chapter, please comment and vote if you did,

Mair x