Chapter 17

*Maddie's POV*

I woke up with a sudden splash of ice cold water in my face. "What the fuck?!" I jumped up, and felt extrmly dizzy. I crawled my way over to the toilet and began to throw up. Jakob and Mike grab and hold my hair back. "Thanks." I started bawling my eyes out remembering what had just happened. "Shh." Billie started comforting me. I crawled towards him and cuddles into his chest. I started to cry even more, he wrapped his arms around me. He felt so warm. He felt like something I've never had before. A dad.

*Billie's POV*

She crawled over to me. She felt so little in my arms. I tired comforting we the best I could. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and wiped her tears away. "Maddie, what happened?" She shooked her head. I whispered into her ear " Do you want everybody to leave us to talk?" She nodded. I told Mike and Jake to go help Trè. " Ok hun tell me what happened." She coughed trying to clear her voice. " I-I went home and there were cops. They told me my m-mom was d-dead..." She started shaking and breathing unevenly. "It's okay, it's-" she cut me off. "It's my fault. If I was there I could've saved her she wouldn't be dead. I could've helped her, but no I was selfish and she's gone. She's gone forever..." Her voice cracked and died off. Tears began to fall from her eyes once again. "Don't eve cut or harm self in any way every again. Okay? It's not worth it and you could've been seriously injured." She looked up at me. "You don't know me. You don't know shit about me! You don't know what I've been through! Don't tell me what I can and can't do!!" Damn where's that come from. "Okay...Im sorry...You're right...Where's your dad at?" "My father left when I was a baby. Right after I was born. The only family I have now is Ashton, but he's at camp for the rest of the summer." Shit she has no one. "They told me they're going I put me into foster care. I've seen kids that have been through that. I'm not long through that kind of shit. I just wont! I'm not going into some random ass home!" She's right again. "Why don't you just with us for awhile? We will figure something out. Promise." "O-okay Billie....Thanks." She cuddled into my chest again, I kissed the top of her head. It just felt right y'know? She starts to fall asleep in my arms. I picked her up and carried her over to my bed me tucked her in.