Chapter 8

-Tavyra's POV- 

The sun had long set and the wind and picked up and I was starting to get tired. I looked at my phone and saw it was 10 o'clock. Yea, it was time to go home. The problem was I had lost Montavius about half an hour ago and had no idea where he'd gone. I messaged him 20 minutes ago and still nothing. Maybe he went back home without me. 

If he did, he's gonna hear a lot from me. I couldn't help some of the shivers from the brisk wind that gave me goosebumps. "Would you like to go inside?" I turned and looked back at the voice. It was Zannic. 

I gently smiled. It was nice seeing a familiar face in this unfamiliar pack. "Yea. That'd be nice." He stepped aside and let me get in front of him to the house. It wasn't like I didn't know where it was. I noticed the crowd had thinned by now, maybe just a couple of groups of teenagers either drunk or stoned. I guess that was my cue to leave. 

We stepped in the house and some of the pack had moved in here too. In the den next to the front entrance, a small party had gathered here, maybe 20 people. They were playing some popular pop music like Trey Songs, Alessia Cara, and Future. No doubt the rest of the house could hear it. I turned to Zannic, "Don't you think it's a little late to be so loud?" 

He chuckled and put his hand on my back, it felt warm and comforting, "Don't worry, they usually quiet down around midnight." 

I nodded. I was tired now, but I couldn't find Montavius so maybe I shouldn't hit the sack just yet. Maybe he's in there. "Alpha Zannic." We both turned to see the old guy again. I do believe his name was Rufus. "I'd like to talk to you for a moment." 

He nodded and before he left I told him, "I'm probably gonna check out the den." 

"Alright. Just, be careful what drinks they have. They could be alcoholic." He stepped over to Rufus and I felt his hand leave me back. It surely did feel colder when he did. A shiver ran through me. I shook it from my mind and headed towards the den. There was definitely a smell of alcohol. And a rather strong one. There were a few people on the floor dancing, but most of the audience littered the outskirts next to the wooded walls. 

I was looking around for Montavius, but then my eyes saw Kristy. I never got to thank her about the bandages. I started making my way through the crowd to her. That's when I started to hear the whispers of the others around me. "That's the girl Alpha took inside." "Probably just a toy to him." "Didn't you said he hit her?" "You see that bandage? Of course he hit her." "What would Alpha want with a black girl like her anyway." Listening to the others around had put my cold chill almost to a hot sweat. My hands were getting wet and clammy and I couldn't help but hug myself in my nervousness. Everyone was talking about me like this? It hadn't even crossed my mind before now. 

"Hey, Kristy." I said as casually as I could. 

She turned to me and smiled, "Hey." She let me into the circle of her and two others, one guy, one girl, but they seemed too stoned out to noticed the new addition to the circle. 

"Thanks for patching me up." 

She scoffed playfully and took a drink from her cup, it wasn't the punch cups from outside, it wasn't see through and had an odd smell to it, "No problem. You should probably see me before you go to bed so it won't get infected." She said calmly. 

Infected? I could only have a look of disgust to that. I asked her, "So, do you do like, all of the pack's injuries." 

She shook her head, "Nah. That's what the pack doctor's for. I usually just tend to the pack house. Gotta do somethin' 'fore medical school." 

"Cool, what school are you heading to?" 

"Harvard Medical." Wow, I was actually impressed. This girl was my age and already had her life together. And had Harvard on top of that. Me ,on the other hand, still had to figure out if I would go to college. "Hey, have you seen my brother?"