Chapter 6

Montavius and I entered the backyard of the biggest house on the block. As we walked, 'Tavius was filling me in on everything I needed to know about the Hollins pack. Or at least, all he knew. "And finally, both Alphas are ruthless, cruel and merciless."

I shook my head. I couldn't believe what Montavius was telling me. The semisweet boy that I met in the woods merciless? Cruel? I just can't believe it til I see it. We came up to the entrance and walked in, "I'm telling you, Ty, these people aren't who you want to mess with." 

I chuckled, "I'm not messing with any of them. They're messing with me." 

As we continued to walk in, I noticed it wasn't very loud. Actually, it was rather quiet. No one was talking. All eyes were on us. I turned and looked at Montavius. Even he was looking back at me. I could see in his eyes, "They're looking at you." 

I looked around. I didn't know if I should feel self-conscious or own it, but I think I felt both. I could only see little movement in the entire crowd. I decided to act like I didn't notice every eye on me. I was even almost tempted to drop something and pick it up for show, but that was too obvious. Instead I simply twirled for them, letting them get a good view of all of it, putting my hand on my hip and smiling at them. 

I could hear the disgusted scoffs of the girls and the drooling of the guys. I loved attention and this was an addiction. There was more movement coming from the crowd and I saw that it was moving towards me. The next thing I saw was the green eyes standing in front of me. It almost caught me off guard. I stepped back because there was a 6ft, red-eyed, growling man, glaring down at me. I looked down at his growing claws and sharpening teeth. His eyes looked crazed as his eyes were stuck in between green and red. 

I tried to look around, for anybody else to help me with this guy. They were all scared. Who is this guy? "Inside the house..." The wolf-man growled at me through shut teeth. 

I took in a deep breath, trying to be confident enough to ask him, "What do you mean?" He gripped me by the arm and started dragging me to the house. I started to cringe and trying to get my arm back, "Hey! Let go!" All eyes were on us but for a different reason this time. I looked back for Montavius. He was hidden in the crowd mouthing, "Sorry." He was just gonna let me be taken away by this guy. No one was gonna help me? The entire crowd stood still. 

I tried to fight back even more. His claws kept scraping into my skin and it was starting to hurt. I bit my lip. This was embarrassing. "Zan!" I heard yelling and then emerged a blonde guy who had about the same build and stature as Zannic, maybe slightly smaller, came from the crowd. Wait. This was Zannic? The one I met in the woods? It couldn't be. This was a monster. We got to the house and in followed the blonde guy and an older man who sat on the porch the entire unfolding. 

They closed the door behind us and that's when the fear really started to settle in. I was gonna die here. The blonde guy was able to get a hold of Zannic's wrist and have him let go of me. I fell to the wooden floor and favored my arm. The older man helped me up, "I'm sorry, hun. We're not quite sure what's gotten into him." 

I was silent. What was I suppose to say? "No problem. It's cool to be dragged away from my friends and be murdered inside a random house."?! I scooted away from all of them and sat in the corner, terrified. The blonde guy was talking to Zannic, but his red eyes were still glowing back. I couldn't hear them whispering. Well, it was more the blonde was scolding Zannic and Zannic was staring at him. Whatever it was, Zannic didn't like it. The growl became louder and scarier. 

Zannic's voice boomed throughout the large, two-story house, "Kirsty! Get down here!" Even though we were in the first room of the house, it carried throughout to the farthest window. In a matter of seconds, another blonde girl came jumping down the stairs.

"Yes, Alpha?" She was rather cute for her environment. She had big blue eyes and almost resembled the blonde guy.

Zannic turned towards her and pointed towards me, "Clothe her. Now." She looked over at me and smiled. God. Was this entire house crazy? 

She came over to me and helped me up from my corner, holding me up by the uninjured arm, "Don't you worry. I gotcha." As if understand the situation, she helped me up the stairs and in the unidentified halls of the house. We went into a room that seemed to be separated by two separate beds on either side of the room.  She closed the door behind us and went to her closet. I sat on the closet bed and looked at my arm. It was bleeding and red. Great. I knew I felt burning hot on the open wounds. 

The girl named Kristy came back out with a blue and black dress shirt and long leggings. She smiled back. I couldn't tell if it was a psychotic smile or a genuine smile. "Don't worry about Zannic. He's usually not like that. He's a sweet guy. I promise." 

I scuffed, "Yea, because sweet guys like that usually break skin and humiliate you in front of a crowd of people." I rolled my eyes and looked at the clothes she pulled out. I liked them, but I didn't feel comfortable wearing some stranger's clothes. 

"Yeah. He has a bad temper. I can patch that up for you." He went to the other side of the room and opened up a drawer. She got bandages, alcohol, and cotton balls. I watched her closely. Maybe she wasn't so bad. She started using the cotton balls and alcohol to clean my wounds. I was still wincing. Had no more pride and dignity to hold for anymore. "My name's Kristy, by the way. You can call me Kris. I'm Tyson's sister." 

I looked at her, "Tyson?" 

"The blonde boy downstairs." I nodded. "They grew up with each other. If anyone knows how to calm Mr.Alpha down there, it's the Beta himself." I nodded. I was kinda understanding dynamics around here. 

I still had to ask one question, "Who was that older guy?" 

"Oh, that's Rufus. The top adviser. But we jus' call 'em Uncle R." 

"Uncle?" 

"Yup. He's been around as long as anyone's been 'live. He's older than Alpha Zane." 

Now, I was getting confused. "Alpha Zane? I thought Zannic was the Alpha." 

She was apply some of the bandages when she stopped and looked up at me. She questioned me, "You really don't know nothin' 'bout pack Hollins do you?" I blushed and looked away. I've been out of it for the past 10 years. I've heard the Hollins pack once and that was from Montavius. " She laughed and finished bandaging me up. She got the gauze and started wrapping my arm to stop the bleeding, "It's 'ight. Why Zan all caught up with you anyway? Whatcha do to him?" 

I scratched the back of my neck. I didn't think I should tell, but how else do I explain it? "Well...." I simply sighed and put it all out on the table, "He says we're...mates." 

"Mates?" She looked at me for a couple moments and then busted out laughing. I don't really know what she was laughing at, but I would've joined her if my arm wasn't bleeding.