When he left, I closed the door behind him. I seemed like one of those gullible girls in a movie or book who always goes back to the main guy. He could do something to mess with her emotions, take advantage, or even be an ass towards her- she would go back to him regardless.

I sat against the wall, playing with my fingers as I thought about it.

It's true. He yells at me every time we see each other. We get into slight arguments and I, somehow, take the blame. I always take the blame because I feel like it's my fault for not being good enough. I'm never good enough.

I gripped my hair, crying on my knees that were to my chest. I realized that I needed him and it isn't fair that he could toy around with me like this. One minute he's loving, then the next minute he acts like me on my period. I'm so close to having enough of him.

Hearing a knock on my door, I sniffled and cleaned my face with my sleeves. Without checking to see who it was, I answered it.

"Yes?" I avoided his eye contact

"I want to talk it out"

"That's all I've been trying to do with you. I don't want to do that anymore, Orlyndo"

All because of him denying to smile I'm crying.

"Why?"

"There's no point"

"I'd rather argue than leave the situation at a bad time" He said

"That's all you ever do. Besides, what about your meeting?" I questioned

"I'm still going, but I have priorities to handle"

I walked away from him to stand in my living room. He stood at the doorway, leaning against the side of it. Staring at him, I ran my hand through my curls.

"Do I make you happy?" I asked him

His lips parted, "Of course you do"

"Then why don't you ever smile around me? I want to know"

"It's hard to explain"

I waved my arms once, "I have all day"

"No, I just don't want to tell you why. You won't think of me the same"

"The same? I'm going to accept you no matter what your past is" I spoke

He shook his head, not wanting to go any further.

"Orlyndo, please" I pleaded

"I said no"

"What is so bad about it? Is it bad to the point where you have to be serious all the time?" I went back to him

"Yes" He replied. My thumb caressed his lips, messing with him to get him to smile. That only caused him to fight the urge to, "Stop"

"Stop. Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop! That's all you say to me is stop, and no, and get the fuck out, move, whatever, shut up- the list goes on forever!