Note from the Author

Hi! My name is Kacey! I've been reading ALOT of The Mortal Instruments Fanfiction, and I've decided to write my own! In this story, Clary doesn't exist. (Don't worry, just because she isn't there doesn't mean it's gonna be horrible!) Also, the plot of the story is not going to be based of the TV show. Some parts may be based off the book or TV show, but overall it is my own original plot. I've read a lot of fan fictions that had followed the TV show and I was reading the same dialog over and over, and not that they weren't all AMAZING (they were) I wanted to come up with something original.

I'm in school, so I can't promise that I will be able to update everyday, maybe a couple times a week, but school lets out in about a month so my updates will be come more regular.

I would LOVE feedback, positive or negative. Well, just if it is negative, let it be constructive. I've never put out my written works like this before, so I'm anxious to see if anyone likes it.

I know that Alec is gay in the book and tv show, but I really love the way I've written his character straight. So in this story, he will be straight. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

I want to say that the only character that I own is Avery. All other characters belong to Cassandra Clare. I don't own the rights to any of the characters except for Avery.

Well, I've been babbling on for quite a while, so let's get on to the first chapter!