Living the Homestuck Life~ 24

Start from the beginning

Then a loud bellow roar rumbled through the air causing the ground to shake tremendously. Rebecca and Spencer’s knees rattled and their bodies vibrated. A large green monster with glowing eyeballs of pool balls, a green skull of a head, and sharp green teeth stood tall in front of them.  She couldn’t forget that god awful green coat that drapes over it and that swaggin’ gold tooth. Her pale white eyes widened from the sight with pure terror, she slowly turned her head so she can glance at her little Spencer next to her. His mouth gaped and his large dead eyes were popping out of his skull. She wrapped her arm around his shoulders and pulled him in for a great protective embrace. She held Spencer’s head against her shoulder to prevent Spencer from seeing. She looked up at the monster to see his mouth open wide and starting to glow with an accumulating roar following. “Spencer,” she said, trying not to let her voice quiver. “Hm?” he replied. “Remember that game we use to play when we were very young when we were scared?” she asked him, holding more tightly. Spencer wiggled a little so he can look up at her. His very light brown hair moving gently with the wind, “Yeah. We count to three so we won’t be scared anymore,” Rebecca nodded slowly, “Let’s play that game, okay?” she again hold Spencer tightly. She turned towards the monster with Spencer facing at it with his back. Spencer’s chin lied on Rebecca’s shoulder. Rebecca saw the white flash coming from his mouth that disintegrated the others in front of her, “One …” she said. She wrapped around Spencer more tightly. She bent her head down and laid her head on the crook of Spencer’s neck. Her eyes shut tight. “Two …” Spencer said with closed eyes. With closed eyes, Rebecca could see the flash of white from the inside of her squinted eyelids.

 It was too late to say three.

 -Present Day-

Dave P.O.V.

             Your feet slowly landed on the ground. Everything around you started to go backwards. Bro looked around confused about the situation, but had a feeling he knew what was going on. The waves of red floated around you that lit up the sky with each push of red surge. You lifted your arm and let your hand through the transparent red surges. When you tried to make your hand into a fist, your hand slowly followed. You pulled your hand out and just gaped at it. The waves slowly trailed down and laced around you, along with Bro. 

“What the hell is this?” Bro asked. Everything else was still going backwards super slowly.

“I have no clue man,” you replied. Your dark lenses mirrored the bright red streams as you still looked up in the sky.

Then, everything stopped. The world froze around us – literally.  The papers that rolled on the ground stopped, the trees with rustling leaves stopped falling mid-air, and the grey clouds stopped moving across the sky, including the small rain drops beginning to fall stopped before they can land on the ground.

“Whoa,” you looked around and up at the sky.

Just in a blink of an eye, everything started to go forward rapidly. Everything was a loop. The same imp launched at you and Bro.

You jumped over the imp from the help of your Bro lifting you up. You flipped forward slicing the imp’s head in half. You stumbled a little as you landed with your feet tingling from the harsh land. You looked back and saw your Bro slice the imp through the torso in half. The black goo splattered all over the floor with different sized gushers floating around you; you collected every one of them.

Then a large black figure landed on the floor, causing the cement underneath to break and cause a crater. Neon green bolts zapped some places around his black figure. His arm was red and dripping with blood. However, his right wing was broken as if someone was wrestling him. You could tell that this dude was beaten the shit out of him.

He growled, “Great it’s you two,” His voice was low and husk. Exhaustion filled his pale white eyes and his neon green bolts started to show less. “I don’t have time to do this,” he said, however, he smiled darkly, “But I guess I can at least try to hurt you both,”

His body started to vibrate and a large green flash blinded you and your Bro. You looked away and notice the bright neon green flash behind you. You turned around to find a black sword pointing your way. Everything was a quick blur. You felt a tough hand on your shoulder pushing you to the side making you fall onto the ground; however, the sword cut through your skin on your left shoulder as this happened making you wince in pain. Your body collided with the ground and slides a few inches as your glasses cracked and the side of your face was smudged with dirt and perfect cuts. Your sword slid away from you as you lost your grip from it. You tried to get up, but your ears were ringing and your head was pounding. You noticed Lil’ Cal lying next to you with his large skinny arm wrapped around your neck also smudged with dirt.

You got on your knees and turned over to steadily sit on your bottom but as you did this, you froze. A limp body lied in front of you with a red puddle lying underneath it. A sword imbedded in the center of the body’s chest. You looked up and noticed the body owner’s face – Bro.
Your hands trembled slightly and your pupils dilated.  Through the crack lenses, you saw your Bro refracted and distorted, but it didn’t prevent you from understanding the scenario you are now seeing in front of you.

You finally uttered his name through your quivered lips. You slowly crawled towards him. You faced down to see his face emotionless and pale with a stream of red coming from his mouth. “B-bro?”

“So sorry for your lose,” you heard a husky voice behind you. You didn’t bother to turn your head.

“What do you mea-n?” you replied, but embarrassed because your voice slightly cracked. “I didn’t lose anything,”

“Don’t lie to me boy,” he growled. The raindrops from the heavens washed the red puddle making the red puddle into a red river as it flowed away from his body progressively. Your blond hair now soaked, your blood from your shoulder streamed down staining your shirt and sleeve, and your lenses being covered in raindrops. Noir’s sword was noticeable to you as his sword casted a silhouette when he raised it up in the air. “Now it is your turn,” he chuckled darkly.

A loud ‘clink’ sound rang your ears. You turned your head slightly noticing two large orange wings protected both of the sides of your body. His sword underneath Noir's protecting you. Both of his arms shaking as Noir pushed harder and harder onto his to make him break. 

“I don’t think so motherfucker,” said Davesprite, “Yo, Becca!”

“Yeah!”

“Get Dave and …other Becca out of here,” he demanded.

“Roger,”

You slowly got up and walked away not looking back at the corpse of your old Bro. Hypothetically, you already forgot about him, yet you didn’t, you just try to.

“Come on Dave,” you heard Rebecca’s voice, “We need to get the others and ditch this joint,”

You looked up and kind of jumped. It wasn’t Rebecca, well it was, but not her.  She had two very large navy blue mouse ears on her head, two whiskers on each cheek, and when she smiled at you, she had small buckteeth. She was a navy mousesprite Becca for Christ sake!

“I know that look,” she stated giggling, with a small squeak at the end, “It will be explained soon,”
She wrapped an arm around your shoulder, “Now, let’s get you cleaned up,”