Chapter 8

Jamie grips his scythe and dissolves into shadows and starts moving to Florian. The other reaper stumbles back and then takes a stance. "Just because you took some lessons from him doesn't mean you are as good as him." Suddenly Jamie is behind the reaper. A swift kick to the back of knee, a backhand with the dull end of his scythe and an axekick to the stomach, smashes Florian back first into the ground. "Satisfied? I give you this opportunity to give up and walk away, for old times sake."

Suddenly everyone stops fighting and feels a huge presence enters the farm, it's almost like gravity just got multiplied by a hundred. Everyone is grabbing their weapons extra tight. Merlin wakes up and looks around confused at first, and then determined. He starts mumbling spells and barriers rise up around Merlin and Mazu. Ares stops pummeling Hercules and they both look to the new threat that is almost around the corner. Zeus and Thor stop and look at the corner he is about to turn. Mazu stops "just standing there" and takes a battle stance. Maahes and Seth also stop and focus on the corner

A dude walks around the corner. He has average hair, black, modeled like all working males in their forties trying to be hip. he is average height, average face. Everything screams average. Except his extremely expensive looking suit. And his sunglasses. They are so black that he could have fire in his eye sockets and you wouldn't know.

Then he takes of his sunglasses. His eyes are so blue. Like deep space blue, like there are actually stars in his eyes. twinkling around his pupils. "Jamie, why are you fighting a friend? Florian, why are you obeying a mortal? Thor, why haven't you mailed my daughter back yet, it has been 200 years."

I grip my hammer tighter. "Hey, uhm, I don't know how to put this, but i only awoke yesterday. I was basically reborn yesterday. So I think I died before I could call your daughter back." "That's is true, Thor died two days after he received your daughters letter, he got caught in the famine back in Ireland in the Year without Summer, Wikipedia that."

"Well I am sorry to hear that." He then looks me directly in the eyes, and the stars in his eyes start becoming supernova's. A feel a breeze of air and He appears in front of me. "You call her before tomorrow or I will come and free you of the burden of life." Chills run down my spine. This Guy is the strongest being in all existence. And he just asked me to call his daughter. Jamie runs up and bows to him. "Master, excuse my brutality but to what reason do we owe the pleasure of your presence?" Jamie flies backwards and slides about a mile on the farmland. The afterimage of His fist appears on the place where Jamie just stood. "I do not owe you an explanation, so don't ask for one. But, since I like Thor, I will tell you why you are all blessed by my presence. I am here to take Maahes with me."

"Do I have a say in the matter? Because unlike a certain reaper, I don't need your fighting lessons." Maahes smirks. The Guy looks to Maahes. "I like your guts Maahes, I don't want to teach you to fight. I want you to take care of the last of the lions. Because Africa is not taking any measures, I have to take my own. And since I am a cat person, the bigger the better, I get them the best care possible. If you do this for the next 200 years, or until humankind comes to its senses, you may marry one of my daughters."

"Okay. I accept your task." The Guy suddenly disappears. Maahes disappears too, and then when we all think he is gone, he comes back and snaps Seths neck. His body slumps down. "NOOOO!" Florian screams. "Don't worry kid, he will wake in a minute, I just find the god of chaos annoying. Also, I did this only because I like cats. Now continue fighting your little kids fight. The grownup is leaving, go on." And he vanishes.