You're Gonna Here Me Roar

Start from the beginning

Suddenly hands were on either sides of my face, as I was forced to open my eyes only to stare back at Damon's capturing blue eyes.

"I'm a freak Damon." I muttered, tears dripping from my eyes, as all the fury and anger disappeared.

"You are not a freak Kayla. Your my miracle. Your the reason I have had my humanity for so long. Your the reason I can feel. And I've never felt anything stronger for anyone then the love I feel for you." Damon said staring back into my eyes.

As realization set in, I moved away from his hands. I shook my head at him. "You don't love me. You can't love me. I don't deserve you. I can't hurt you. I refuse to be like that wench. I'm-I'm gonna be gone when someone breaks the curse. I'm not worth it."

"No!" Damon shouted moving towards me while I tok steps back. "You said you won't give up. You said you'll stay strong. Kayla, please." He pleaded. "You promised."

"I can't." I muttered, shaking my head, hating the hurt I've caused him.

"You have to fight it. The book said that this will happen, the closer it gets to your birthday. You-you have to. If theres something-anything in this life that is worth fighting for, you have to fight. You can't let the witchy-curse stuff overpower emotions of your own. Do it for me Kayla?" He pled, holding my head in his hands. I had to see every emotion pass through his eyes. Love, care, hurt. It messed with my own.

Slowly I backed up into the wall, and slid down.

~*~

Damon POV

I couldn't believe what I had read. All the information was a little too much.

On the plus side the big bad witchy made it fair. If Kayla was strong from heart she'll be able to save herself, but it seems like she had given up already.

"You have to go to the dance!" Caroline demanded as she paced in front of the fire.

"No." Kayla responded from her chair placed near the fireplace. She was all cuddled up peacefully in a blanket, until barbie arrived and began demanding things. Okay so maybe she was only demanding that Kayla had to go to the dance, but it was demanding nonetheless.

"It's part of high school and I am not letting you skip out because you have a damn curse." Caroline yelled exasperated.

"Listen barbie. Kayla is not exactly emotionally stable, you know like a girl on her time of the month, so I suggest you do not anger her." I said with a smirk, even though I knew that Kayla was handling the emotions. She hasn't snapped at anyone, besides me yesterday when she caught me reading her book.

Before I knew it, Kayla chucked a glass at me and barbie a chair. Like the amazing vampire I am, I dodged their attacks. Kayla only shot me a glare, as Caroline killed me with her eyes. Maybe I should tell her, that staring at me like that wasn't going to get rid of me. That was a bad idea so, I only smirked and waggled my eyebrows at her.

"You stupid.." Kayla began but I interrupted.

"Sexy as hell vampire?" I asked.

"Shut up." Kayla muttered.

"You have to come to the dance?" Caroline interrupted.

Interruptions are going to keep on coming, I need to tell Kayla what I know, before something messes up, but that's not happening while barbie's here.

~*~

Kayla POV

"Caroline this dress is too frilly." I complained as I stepped out from the change room.