1.2

so I've completely planned the book so i know where i want it to go (but its not written yet) and this chapter is kinda related to the end chapter so yeah

OH AND THANKS FOR 3K ILY

ashton's pov:

luke is still traumatised.

he gets nightmares about it and i feel like absolute crap.

"h-hey ash?" i hear faintly.

"luke?"

"i-i'm sorry.. i couldn't sleep... i had a-another one"

"c'mere" i say opening my arms wide and embracing him.

"i'm so so sorry, baby boy"

he begins to sob harder and i feel my heart ache,

i'm the cause if this...

eventually his crying turns to soft snores and his body falls limp onto mine, he releases small puffs as his tear stained cheeks squish against my chest, making his face look squidgy and adorable.

i pull him fully onto my chest and tuck our radiating bodies in, under the sheets.

"night, angel... i'm so so sorry" i repeat before dosing off myself.

i still feel like shit, and honestly i deserve it... yes we're both trained in being safe when it comes to punishments, but you never know the emotional pain a person feels.

and the things is, i could see how much pain like was in...yet i didn't stop it.

i don't know wether it was the built up anger from him lying to me (which is still no excuse) or just the fact that he needed to learn his lesson, but something took over me that night and it just wasn't me.

again, still no excuse.

it is currently midnight and i lay in my bed, luke fast asleep next to me, as i'm consumed by my thoughts.

but then i feel the bed move and luke sigh.

"hey, ash?" i'm cut short of my thoughts.

"yeah?"

"d-do you think i could call my mom...when i used to get nightmares she would sing to me and i can't sleep and i-i just really want to hear her voice"

"do they live near?"

"yes"

"well how about we go visit them tomorrow... they're probably asleep now, and if they'd be willing maybe you could stay there for a bit...i mean you probably don't want to be around me and it's underst-"

"no ash, i want you there. i know they'll be okay with it, they're super nice and i want you to meet them anyway.."

"you sure?"

"yeah"

"well get some rest then baby, good night"