Chapter 33: Where We Left Off

His plump, soft lips on mine felt like heaven. My hands tangled in his dyed-blonde hair, legs wrapped around his waist, with his hands resting on my hips. The way he kisses with such passion made me wish this moment never ended. Too soon we had to pull away for air, both breathing hard. I rested my forehead on his, just looking into his eyes.

He gently kissed me again before breathing out, "I love you Alexa.” I giggled in response and kissed him before saying, "I love you more Niall." He brought his lips to my ear and whispered," Not possible." In that moment I realized, I was truly in love with Niall Horan and he was truly in love with me. He was the one for me and he was all mine and vice-versa.

He looked back into my eyes with the most serious expression on his face. I searched his eyes as he did the same for me, but for some reason they were unreadable for me.

"What’s wrong?" I asked.

He hesitated before answering. "I’m no good for you." he said, dead serious.

"That's not true Niall. You’re the best thing for me. I want you... I need you." I said starting to get worried.

"No, Alexa. I’m no good for you and you’re no good for me," he said, his eyes the darkest they've ever been.

"What do you mean, Niall?" the tears were building at the edge of my eyes.

"I mean we can't be together anymore. We can't happen."  I was in utter shock.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask releasing the first tears.

"God, Alexa, stop!" Niall said pushing me off his lap and standing up," You're so damn emotional! I mean can't you just accept that I don't want you anymore?!" Niall screamed.

"What has gotten into you? Where is all this coming from? Before you flipped out we were perfect. You had just told me you loved me."

"I was lying! I tried to let you down easy, but you had to go cry like the baby you are! I’m done, Alexa! We’re over!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. He pushed me to the side and made his way for the door. I sat there in disbelief. He grabbed his jacket and put on his sunglasses. He reached for the door knob and I swear I heard him say, "I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it." But it didn’t matter. He walked right out the door, out of my life, never to return again.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Red. Warm. Blood.

That was the last thing I remember. It was everywhere, covering everything. Niall’s body, laying in my arms, not moving. Hunter calling, but I can barely hear him. Men invade the basement prying me off of Niall, but surprisingly I didn’t fight back. I let my eyes fall. What was weird was that darkness didn’t take over… it was bright white, peaceful, and I liked it.

******

There he was. My prince! He had the biggest smile on his face. I ran and jumped into his arms. We kissed and it was unimaginably perfect.