Chapter 4

Batman's pov:

After Black Canary left the room with Robin I turned to the team and said "explain now" they looked each other until Aqualad spoke up and explained the situation. I was about to say something when I got called into the medical center. I looked at the team and they had new tears in their eyes. I ran to the medical center hoping nothing was wrong. I turned around and saw that the team was following me. I shrugged it off and made it to the medical center. When I got there I was shocked Black Canary was crying and checking up on an awake Deadnite. The team rushed over to Deadnite. She looked at the confused and said "why are you mini justice leaguers worried about me!?!?!?!?" I spoke up and said "Black Canary why did you call me in here" Black Canary got a worried look on her face and said "Deadnite can you take your top off" "ok....." Deadnite looked hesitant before she took off her top. I looked at Deadnite and saw her body was covered in scars barely an inch was scar free. I got angry but kept my cool and said "Deadnite how did you get so many scars". She sighed then said "well being an assassin isn't easy but most of them came from my....my m..master" when she said that she yelled in pain and held her stomach and I quickly said "how long has it been since you ate" realizing that u could see her rib cage. She gave me the answer I didn't want and said "1....week" and passed out. When she passed out I heard the zeta tube announce Flash, Red Arrow, and superman and Walley ran to greet his uncle while Superboy ran to greet his mentor(Superboy and Superman have a good relationship in my book). I called Flash and Superman into the medical center and immediately got down to business and started to make orders "Flash make a sandwich and bring some water, Superman get me some blankets and Red Arrow start here with the team" they both nodded at me and took off.

Robin's pov:

Batman started barking out orders when Flash and Superman came into the room. When they left to get the items I walked over to the medical bed she was laying on. Poor girl she looked to be only my age maybe younger but she looked like she knew more about the harshness of the world. She reminded me of.....well me and that surprised me even more. She woke up 15 minutes later and flash came back in with the sandwich and water. When he handed her the sandwich she looked scared and declined it. I spoke up "you need to eat" "no I don't, I can't until tσmσrrσw" she retorted I gave her a questioning look before getting serious again and said "if you don't eat I will get Batman". She looked scared then said fine a ate the sandwich and drank 2 cups of water then told me "go away so I can sleep before going back to master" I shooed everyone out of the door and ran to talk to the league about Deadnite. When I reached the league we talked about it and made a decision on what to do with her. "Robin go with Aqualad to take Deadnite to the interrogation room" Batman told me and me and Aqualad were off. When we reached the medical center Aqualad picked her up and carried her to the interrogation room and handcuffed her to the chair. We sat down and waited for what seemed like hours but was really only 10 minutes before she woke up and we called the rest of the team and the league down here. When the got here Deadnite was questioned by Batman the fist question he asked was "who are you really Deadnite" she looked around and said "I will only answer to the mini justice league and Green Arrow's old apprentice" the league look at each other and nodded before leaving the room. Me, the rest of the team and Red Arrow sat down and started questioning her starting with me "so Deadnite who really are you?" I asked she hesitated first then answered "My name is Shana" when she said that we all looked at each other with eyes wide except for Red Arrow he asked "why do you tell us so easily are you planning something?" "no I told you because I know once I get back to my master he will kill me anyways for not delivering the device myself" she answered Aqualad then spoke up "can you take off your mask so we can see your face" she thought about it for a minute and said "I guess since y'all know my identity already". She took off her mask and sure enough there was Shana the sweet clumsy girl who they ran into while wondering around the city. Superboy asked the next question "Shana what did you mean by your master will kill you" "well my master punishes me if I fail or do anything wrong or make a simple mistake" she answered like it was no big deal. M'gann asked the next question "what types of punishments" "well it depends on how bad I messed up, punishments could be from a beating and a whipping to no food for a week or 2" she answers like it was normal then M'gann did something no one expected not even Deadnite. M'gann got up and hugged Deadnite and said "would you like to stay here and join the team?" she looked hesitant at first then said "yes but just promise me that I won't go back to Master please he would kill me" we all looked shocked because for once she sounded like the kid she is. I stepped up to her and said "I promise you will never have to go back there just tell me who your master was" she had tears in her eyes as she said her master's name in a quiet voice "Deathstroke" and with that she bursted into tears. She also did something else that shocked everyone including the league she stood up and hugged me tightly while she cried in my shoulder. When I got out of shock I quickly hugged her back ad rubbed circles on her back wile she cried. She soon fell asleep in my arms so I uncuffed her hand and carried her to the couch and laid her down and pulled a blanket over her. When I got back to the team and league and Red Arrow told them what happened in there and the entire league looked angry. Especially Black Canary, she was going on and on about how could someone do that to a child even though he is a villain not even sportsmaster would do that to Cheshire.

The league's pov:
We decided she could stay but we don't know who her mentor would be and where she would stay but they did know one thing that she needed them especially Robin right now.

Deadnite/Shana's pov:

When M'gann asked me if wanted to stay I was shocked why would anyone want me. I thought about it and said "yes but you have to promise me that I won't go back to master, please he would kill me" with desperation in my voice and I didn't care that I sounded like the kid I am I need reassurance that they won't leave me to my master. Then Batman's protégé Robin stepped up and said the best thing I have ever heard in my entire life "I promise you will never go back there just tell me who you master was". I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I said master's name in a quiet voice "Deathstroke" and I bursted into tears and shocked everyone by standing up and hugging Robin and crying in his shoulder. He started to hug me back while running soothing circles on my back and soon I feel asleep in Robin's arms

Hey y'all I hope y'all like my chapter I worked for several hours on this one so yea bye🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗