Rain

A couple of years later....

On a dark and dreary day, Ella was pacing in front of the door. She was very worried.

He should be back by now, she thought.

A shrill ringing came from the house phone. She quickly picked it up, "Hello, this is Ella Tremaine."

A sympathetic voice spoke back, "I'm sorry to tell you this Ms. Tremaine, but your father is dead. A truck slid on the highway and crashed into your father's car. Both the drivers were not breathing by the time the ambulance got there."

Ella's throat prickled with tears and her vision was blurry. She nodded her head, but realized the lady couldn't see her,  "g-goodbye," was all Ella could manage to say without bursting into tears.

"Ella, what's wrong?"

Ella's turned and saw her stepmother. She explained what happened. They cried and comforted each other, because no matter how much they hated each other, they loved her father the same.

***

Her fathers funeral went by in a blur. there was a lot of sentimental words being said by people she didn't know and also a lot of hugging.

 In all honesty, Ella just wanted to leave. she wanted to be alone. Not swarmed by strangers. she hated having people pity her, even if they really felt bad. Deep down inside, she understood why. People knew she lost both her loving parents, and they knew that the people she was living with now, where very awful.

Ella realized this and knew that her life would never go the way she wanted for as long as she lived with them.