i want to be free.

He watched as she roamed around the garden, her eyes feasting on every bush and every tree, almost as if she had been starved of the sight. She floated through the air, her feet barely touching the ground.

A medley of emotions shot through him all at one, rendering him numb.

He took a seat on the wooden garden swing behind him, the only movement being the light sway from the gentle breeze of the wind. He rested the balls of his feet on the ground and graced his elbows on his knees as he watched her.

As he watched her be free.

She hadn't eaten and she hadn't taken her medicine.

A silent conversation had passed through them and no matter how much he absolutely detested the idea, he was worried about her above everything else.

And he knew that she really needed this.

He knew that she hated him for keeping her confined in the house all the time, but he didn't know what else to do.

He would give her the freedom she so desperately desired because he couldn't live like this much longer. He couldn't bear to see so melancholy all the time.

He couldn't bear to be the one to kill her spirit, to destroy her soul.

Closing his eyes, he enjoyed the cool breeze of the gentle wind as she did.

-

You can wait for the next chapter which will be uploaded on 25/11/2019

OR

You can read the ENTIRE book, including bonus chapters, for FREE on Inkitt! Just search 'Silence [COMPLETE]' or use this link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA__illuminating_

The link can also be found on my Wattpad profile.

Layla Knight