45

"Can you stop, please? I'm fine! Honestly, go...go! Clark, I will push you out of that door..." Annie said while he looked at her sceptically.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I will if you don't stop fussing around me like some mother hen!" Annie said while crossing her arms over the loose jumper she was wearing. The week in hospital had passed, her concussion was pretty much gone, though it was still lingering. She was discharged and despite Rebecca's wishes, Annie went to the farm...even with its minor state of construction. Annie had simply said something along the lines of: "That's where Clark is, and I want to be there." Rebecca hadn't even contradicted that, the hopeless romantic kicked in and she commenced letting out a lot of: "Aw's", and, "Oh that's so cute," and other such things.

Annie had been discharged with a supply of painkillers for her ribs, and other injuries. She'd just taken a few and was more than settled on the sofa in the living room. Propped up with cushions and pillows, as a throw cover was over her legs. She had no intentions whatsoever in moving. In fact, she could feel the painkillers kicking in, which meant that she was about to sleep for the next couple of hours. She honestly spent most of her days since leaving the hospital sleeping. This was the first time she'd moved from his bedroom to downstairs. She was getting slight cabin fever shut away upstairs. So, with help being carried down the stairs by Clark, she had relocated to the living room.

He naturally wasn't too fond of this idea considering between himself and Martha they were taking down the temporary boarding which was covering the hole in the wall, and today supplies had arrived to fix it. He didn't quite like the thought of building work going on around her while she was still in a state of healing; not that Annie seemed to care. If she stayed upstairs any longer, she was going to go mad. The living room was in a state of normalcy, it had been tidied up and anything which was destroyed and broken was thrown out. It seemed a little empty seeing as how one of the sofas was thrown out having been littered with shrapnel which had embedded itself into the cushions.

Clark looked down at her as she narrowed her eyes up at him, "Fine."

"Fine." Annie repeated with a slow nod as she tried to keep looking serious only to laugh. "Seriously, you need to help Martha. I'm fine, I feel like I'm going to sleep for a bit. But if I need you, I'll shout, okay?" Annie said while watching as he crouched down in front of the sofa. "Go," she pointed over the back of the sofa with her thumb. "I'm still going to be here. I'm not going anywhere." She reached out and ran a hand through his hair before keeping her hand against his face. He smiled slowly and eventually nodded, leaning forwards he kissed her gently before kissing her on the forehead and standing up to leave. Annie listened to his retreating footsteps with a sigh. Huddling more into the pillows which surrounded her she shut her eyes and simply drifted off to sleep, the painkillers she was given were quite heavy duty.

It was much later that she woke up, the lingering sleep got promptly yawned away as she hoisted herself awkwardly up. Through her sleep, she had seemingly managed to lay down, laying down flat on her ribs hurt and there was a rather painful pull around her midsection as she moved to right her position. Slowly placing her feet on the floor, she sat upright for a moment and waited for the room to stop swaying slightly. She had moments still where things weren't as stable as they seemed.

Though she knew from experience that it was just the last of the concussion leaving her. She took a few moments to stare endlessly at her socks before coming back to reality. Getting lost in the scribbly pattern was not what she was intending to do. No, she was intending to go walkies; though she knew full well this was likely to kick start Clark's worry, again. It was sweet, she couldn't even lie, she found it incredibly adorable how much he worried. He hadn't seen her the last time she had a concussion really. He had stormed off and left her alone for a week. He never saw the after effects, Annie had been ill this time, she had moments of sickness, almost fainting, the memory loss was lingering ever so slightly but most things had been remembered.