Chapter 1

The sun poured through the window hitting my face. I slowly open my eyes allowing them to adjust to the lighting. I look at the clock and notice its around 9:30. I slowly slide my body out of bed and throw on shorts and a tank top. I quickly jog downstairs and grab a granola bar. I quietly open the main door to the pack house and slide through, hoping my father doesn't catch me being late.

"Liberty Ann." I hear the alphas voice tsk. I turn around to find him smiling and my lateness. He converts his gaze down to his watch and then back at me. I watch him easily lift an eyebrow, "Tsk tsk, your father will be mad knowing you're 30 minutes late." He laughs

"Good thing he won't realize." I laugh back. Okay, so me and my 'alpha' have been friends since we could talk.

He looks at me with a smirk, "this is the 5th time, this week." I laugh at his expression.
"Do you not care about our rounds..?"

"Nope, quite dislike 'em." I laugh. He grabs his chest and shows a pained expression.

"Ow."

I give him a hug before jogging off. Whoever his mate ends up to be will be lucky. I laugh at the thought.

I quietly jog into the area we practice. Everyone watches me with amusement, except for my father. I turn my gaze to the ground, to show my respect. I look back at my father, who is now glaring at me. I can't help the snicker that slides past my lips.

"Sorry father, busy morning." I jog over to where everyone is standing.

"Explain this busy morning." He cocks and eyebrow up giving me a smile. I laugh.

"Wellllll, I thought I seen my mate in the kitchen.." I looked at my fathers face beam.

"Well, who is the lucky man!?" I hold back my snicker as I look at him in the eyes.

"Eh, it ended up being our dinner for tonight." Everyone started laughing. Except my father - once again - he believes I should search for my mate. Honestly, I don't want a mate. I kinda plan on living my life alone, with food and my phone. I nod my head to myself, sounds pretty accurate.

"Why did everyone stop? Come on people, run!" With that everyone began running down the trail. My father put his arm out in front of me to give them a head start. Since I have beta blood in me I am a lot more faster than almost everyone, other than my father and the alpha.

After a minute he let me go. It took me about thirty seconds to be in the front of the line, still in my human form. I wait for que. I hear my father whistle and we all stop. We begin stripping our clothes off, other than bras, panties, and boxers. I was the first one to begin shifting. At first its a little awkward standing there half naked but I am kinda use to it.
I turn around and watch as everyone else shifts. I could hear the bones snapping as they take on their wolves.
My wolf is all white with blue eyes. Everyone else's are mainly brown or black. I begin running as fast as I can. The dirt began digging up as I launch myself with my nails. I can practically hear my wolf purr with excitement. Its been forever since she actually ran. I do twice as many laps as everyone else and then stop at where I shifted. I pick the remains of my clothes up in my mouth and walk behind a tree. I quickly change and then jog back to the pack house. I run in grabbing a water bottle and climb up the stairs. I jump in the shower and sit in there for about an hour, just letting the water pour down on me.

I hesitantly get out and walk to my room with a robe tied to me. I look through my clothing until I find my black skinny jeans and orange monster sweatshirt. I quickly dress myself, I walk back into the bathroom and brush through my blonde hair. My human form has blue eyes, like my wolf.

Compared to most people, my wolf barely ever talks to me. But whatever.
I throw my hair into a messy bun and then walk down the stairs. I walk past the living room and kitchen. I notice my father and alpha talking, or Gabriel. I walk in and smile at them. I poke Gabriel's stomach laughing.

"You enjoying your alphas amazing bod?"

I only laugh in response.

I return my gaze back to my father, " I am gonna head to the mall." I inform my father. He nods his head. I begin my way out before Gabe stops me.

"Be careful, its on like the edge of the Bloodmoon territory."
There pack is about twice the size of ours, and they fight a lot. They could easily demolish us. The alpha is known to be cruel, I cringe at the thought of whoever the poor soul was that will be mated to him.

"I know, I know." I wave my hand in the air and begin walking towards the door again.

"Ohh, by the way, I will be borrowing your truck." I shout before opening the door.

"No, Liberty, don-" I laugh as I close the door ending Gabriel's rant.

I spin the keys on my finger as I walk to his ford truck. I smile as I jump in the front seat.

I quickly start the engine and begin driving away.