Day 283.1

(Marcus' letter to Jenessy)

Dear Invisible Girl,

I love you. Even if it's too early for some to call us in love. Or even if it's early for some to believe that what we have is real.

I love you since the day I started smiling again because of an emoji; since the day I started waking up a little early to read a 'good morning' message.

Since you came, I look forward to tomorrow - of whatever it still has to offer, of whatever it still has to unveil, of whatever it still has to bring us.

I worry that 282 days won't be enough for you to stick with me. I don't know how to keep a long-distance relationship, but I will try everything that I can to make us work.

I will send you my class schedule as soon as I'm settled in my place. I will send you messages whenever I can, even if you can't reply in real-time. Do that, too.

Don't be too understanding. Tell me if I'm being too inattentive to you or if I'm being too busy at school, so we'll immediately know what we can fix and adjust. If there is something to be mad about, allow yourself to get mad and forgive me after.

But don't ever forget me. Don't give us up.

I will try to come home every December, for your birthday and the holiday. I will try to bring you here and Nanay, too.

I won't let us fade.

This letter came with an application form for a sponsorship from our hospital. Before your junior schoolyear, I asked Harry to help you apply for that. Please, don't refuse it. I didn't talk to the hospital for you. You will have to apply, take a test, undergo an interview, maintain your grades through fourth year and graduate in BS Bio for a sponsorship in Medicine. I talked to Nanay about it and she said it's up to you.

This letter also came with a small box. Inside is a promise ring. I have the other pair with me.

I want you to keep it and think about us until your 18th birthday. I will put it on you once we're official. I hope that nothing's changed until then.

I love you. Don't forget that.

Don't forget that I'm clingy, too. And that this distance will only make me miss you so much.

So please, stop crying. I look forward to coming home soon.

I love you.

M.M.