Chapter 18

Since Thranduil was staying at Lothlorien for a few days, Lilisa cleared all her schedules, so that she could spend time with Thranduil. Lilisa and Thranduil did many things together, while he was in Lothlorien. They got to know each other more and became very close. Lilisa couldn't be more happy. But sadly everything comes to an end. Thranduil had been gone from Mirkwood to long. Legolas did a good job protecting it, but a threat has occurred. Lilisa wasn't pleased that Thranduil had to leave, but she knew he was the king of Mirkwood and that he had too.

"Are you sure you have to go?" asked Lilisa as she walked with Thranduil to his horse.

Thranduil stopped walking and turned to Lilisa. He could tell that she wasn't happy that he had to go, so he gave her a hug.

"You know I have to go. If I could stay you know I would, but Legolas made it sound urgent." said Thranduil.

Thranduil kissed Lilisa on the lips, then he continued to walk to his horse. He hopped on his horse, and before he road off, he turned to Lilisa. She was trying to hold back her tears, but some tears were falling down her cheeks. Thranduil smiled at Lilisa then he road away. Lilisa watched Thranduil ride away until he was completely out of her sight.

She walked back to her throne and sat down. Lilisa thought for a moment. She kept thinking about how Thranduil would go into battle and wouldn't return. She couldn't bear the thought, but she couldn't shake the idea from her head. Then an idea came to her. She decided to travel to Mirkwood and help Thranduil.

Lilisa ordered her guard to prepare her horse. She headed to her room to change into a comfortable dress and grab her weapons. She put on a navy blue dress and breaded her back.

 She put on a navy blue dress and breaded her back

Lilisa walked to the stable. She found her horse saddles up and ready for a long days ride. Lilisa mounted her horse and rode out with four of her soldiers. They galloped across the lands, trying to get to Mirkwood as fast as they could. Lilisa was excited that she was doing this, but she was also worried. From the note that Legolas sent to them in Lothlorien, he made it sound like Mirkwood was in a good amount of trouble.

Sorry for the short chapter.