He released her after a few seconds, Brielle thought the time was in nanoseconds, and pulled out a handkerchief and wiped her face gently. Brielle couldn't bring herself to speak, her throat had gone dry.

"Doctor or bathroom first?" he asked while wiping away the grime on her face.

"I'm not physically hurt much." she said calmly. Jack raised his eyebrows. "In comparison to my heart, that is shattered to itsy-bitsy pieces." she added with a small smile.

"All right." said Jack. His eyes were dark and brooding, as though angry and terrified at the same time. He suddenly bent down and scooped her up into his arms and carried her to his waiting car. His arms felt so secure and comfortable. He carried her the way that made her feel special, unlike the hooliganism that Zachary had displayed.

The security guard watched in shock as Brielle, wearing his boss's coat appeared within Jack's arms and was gently laid down in the back seat.

"I'm so sorry," the guard said hurriedly. The poor guy thinks he'll definitely lose his job now.

"That's okay." she said with a weak smile, as she lay down on the leather seat, her tired head finally able to rest.

"Ben, lock the gates. Next time should anyone be in distress, help them. Being humane to people can never cost you your job when you work under me." said Jack curtly getting into the front seat and slamming the door shut.

"Y-yes Sir," stuttered Ben as he obeyed Jack.

The black majestic car rolled out onto the deserted street, the cool night air whizzing past. Brielle fought with her tiredness to stay awake. It wouldn't do to fall asleep while she was under someone's hospitality.

"Sleep if you like, Brielle." said Jack looking behind at her through the overhead mirror. "I'll wake you up when we reach home."

"Thank you." she said softly, sitting up to reach his ear. "For everything. I'm sorry I ruined your clothes and this wonderful leather seat. Please forgive---"

Jack suddenly stopped the car at the edge of the street and took off his seat-belt. Turning back to face Brielle, he pulled her close and pressed his lips against her own.

"Jack?" she said confused as he pulled away. Her lips were tingling and she was aching to kiss him back. But she didn't know why he was acting the way she was. All she knew was that it wasn't right, even though it felt perfect.

"This is all my fault, Brielle." he said huskily turning away and restarting the engine. "Don't feel sorry for anything. You should be hating me right now."

"Why would I ever hate you?" she asked in surprise, her sleepiness forgotten.

"Drink this." he said passing her a can of Mountain Dew from the cabinet. 

"Thanks." she said immediately opening it and taking a big gulp. The sugary liquid gave her instant energy as she listened to Jack.

"Remember the contract I told you about?" he said pressing the accelerator. The car was gradually picking up speed.

"Yes, in exchange for the money your distant uncle loaned you, a contract was made to humiliate your father and company. Naomi said you had less than a month left to get married and once you do you can't divorce. If you do, you forfeit the company to him."

"The problem is that my company wasn't supposed to have been this successful." said Jack. The apartments and closed malls were whizzing past quickly as the car powered through the empty streets. "And now the only way my uncle can get his money back is if I pay him myself."

"Then you should." said Brielle immediately. "You ought to repay a loan, once you are able."

"You are so naive Brielle." said Jack as he took a sharp turn and climbed onto a flyover. Brielle looked in awe at the shuffling waves of the river below. "My uncle won't be happy with the measly sum he gave me all those years ago."

"What does he want?" asked Brielle leaning towards the front seat, her face only a few centimeters away from Jack. She suspected that her breath was tickling his neck, but since he said nothing, she stayed in her position.

"He wants the whole company. And every other side business or investment I may have. He wants it all." said Jack as the car rolled through the majestic bridge. The intricate steel pillars flew by as they looked through the windshield.

"Oh." said Brielle. She wondered what all this had to do with her and Zachary.

"He has an asshole for a son." said Jack gruffly as the car finally got off the bridge and the lapping of waves on the supporting pillars could no longer be heard. In the sudden silence, Brielle's heart beat was loud and clear as she struggled to understand.

"That bloody bastard who hurt you is my cousin." said Jack glumly.

A/N : Hi everyone! 

Who else likes Mountain Dew? Whats your favourite drink?

This chapter was little longer than the others. Let me know if you liked it.

Please vote, comment and share this book if you like it. I love to know your thoughts, it gives me motivation to write new chapters faster.

Thanks for all your support we've crossed over 1300 reads on this book. The story is going to get more interesting in the future. ^_^

Lots of love,

Andy